• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Wait people are paying $8.50 for the 75 variant..I am going to my LCS and punching the owner in the face :slapfight:

Well, it was $9.99 but I get a 15% discount on everything. :cool:

It was funny, I walked in right as they were finishing up putting the comics up. The Comic guy handed me my regular Walking Dead and said, "We have the Variant for sale as well." I said, "How much?" He said, "$9.99." I couldn't say: :takeit: fast enough... :acclaim:

Wait people are paying $8.50 for the 75 variant..I am going to my LCS and punching the owner in the face :slapfight:

Well, it was $9.99 but I get a 15% discount on everything. :cool:

It was funny, I walked in right as they were finishing up putting the comics up. The Comic guy handed me my regular Walking Dead and said, "We have the Variant for sale as well." I said, "How much?" He said, "$9.99." I couldn't say: :takeit: fast enough... :acclaim:

Congrats that is a great pick-up. (worship)

Did your LCS only have one copy?

Dude...I think my LCS owner lost me as a customer after the way things went down on this particular book. I've been asking about the # 75 variant for as long as it has been announced and he kept telling me he didn't know anything about it (asked him at least once every two weeks)...I asked him about a week ago and he gave me the same response that he didn't know anything about it, so I go in yesterday and ask and he plays dumb and says he hasn't heard anything about it and I said "They're giving one per diamond account and after that 1:75" and then he looks at his little order sheet and says "Oh, oh yeah, okay someone else already has it."

I'm pretty angry about it. Granted he sells his variants at cover price, but I've been asking about it since like issue 69 was released.

I'm thinking of picking up my books today and then taking my pull list to a competitor. It might be a little further to drive, but I'm pretty damn livid about this!

Yeah it amazes me how some LCS owners act..its not 1990 any more. I can go on ebay and buy the same mess he has. They act like they don't need customers.

My LCS reserved the variant for me but charged me a lot more then cover price

"Sounds like the modus operandi of every Forbidden Planet manager in the UK "

Don't you mean Moshkin on Ebay?

Hmmm strange how a private seller manages to list so many variants.

5 Siege - 1:300 variants running at the same time!!!!

Edited by songsaboutclouds

The highest priced LCS was $60 which I turned down laughing while hanging up. The 2nd highest was $40 with the majority at $25-30 and 2 @ $8 :cloud9:

Not only did Diamond not send my LCS any of their regular copies of #75, the LCS owner already put his variant up on eBay before I got to the store. :cry:

If I didn't reserve that 2 months ago my Lcs would of did the same thing :tonofbricks: