• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

I'm not a completest so the variants don't bother me too much. However, I haven't been enjoying TWD as much as I had in the past. I feel that Kirkman isn't as focused on the title as before. I don't want him worrying about variants. I don't want him concerned with tv. I don't want him concerned with running Image. I want him concerned with writing (I am selfish like that). That being said, I am going to race the my LCS and pick up a copy of #78. It seems to be picking up again.

I was deciding whether to drop the series. If I see another variant cover other than 78 before #100 I'm out

You really were considering it? Just because of the variants?

Being a completist too, it was one of the factors why I almost starting collecting graded Walking Deads(no variants before #50, not counting the warning label matter). I kinda knew this was gonna happen though with a TV show or movie looming in the horizon at the time. It's a shame really.

:gossip: This is from a guy who watched the title he collects turn into a gazillion pointless variants too. Really, shadow cover variants to every issue? Really? :screwy:

Great start and thanks again Jerel!! I just ordered Head Games :gossip:

:cool:

This is off subject a little, but I showed Charlie Adlard some of my work last week, (it's pretty much my old work, seeing as it hasn't been updated for a year or so, but never-the-less, it's my work) www.lloydjbailey.com -- and he replied (this is just a part of what was said, figured it would be wrong to post the whole e-mail, for obvious reasons) and said, "Your website looks really impressive... lovely use of design and typography - I hope you're getting a good deal of work out of it. Lovely stuff!"

It was nice to hear that from him, I hope this isn't a retarded post or considered spam, I genuinely just posted it because it made me feel good when I read it, and wanted to post more in this cool thread :D

Edited by LloydJBailey

I read volume 11 TPB a few days ago and when I saw this OA, I remembered that I have no clue what is going on in panel 1 (this is with the cannibals). Can anyone enlighten me?

Walking%20Dead%20Iss%2064%20Pg%2001.jpg

Dale is waking up and the shadowy figures are talking to him. It looks weird without the grays added in.

Walking Dead Weekly in 2011? I dig the idea of reprinting this series on a weekly basis for new fans, especially with the show hitting the airwaves. Great idea!

Good stuff :headbang:

The Dead Walk Each Week in 2011

Berkeley, CA – 26 October 2010 – Are you excited about THE WALKING DEAD on AMC, but you’ve never had the chance to read the hit comic book series that inspired it? Starting in January 2011, Image Comics will be reprinting the single issues of the hit series — shipping one issue per week all year long!

“Keeping a series like this going year after year is all about creating good jumping-on-points for new readers,” says series creator and writer Robert Kirkman. “And what better way to jump on than with the very first issue? Making this series available in single issue form will make it easier for new fans to jump on board and for old fans to fill in any gaps in their collection.”

TWD_Weekly_01_cover-195x300.jpg

THE WALKING DEAD WEEKLY #1

January 5

Starting in this issue, Rick Grimes awakens to a world he’s not prepared for. This small town cop must now fight the forces of the undead while he searches for his missing wife and son. This is the issue that started it all!

TWD_Weekly_02_cover-195x300.jpg

THE WALKING DEAD WEEKLY #2

January 12

Rick Grime’s horrific adventure continues. Everything he knew is gone, and the search for his family begins. Rick sets out for Atlanta, the last known location of his wife and son.

TWD_Weekly_03_cover-195x300.jpg

THE WALKING DEAD WEEKLY #3

January 19

Now reunited with his family, Rick Grime’s focus shifts from survival to protection. It’s one thing to know that you have to watch your back every second of every day. It’s another thing entirely to have to worry about losing your family in the blink of an eye.

TWD_Weekly_04_cover-195x300.jpg

THE WALKING DEAD WEEKLY #4

January 26

It is decided that in order to survive… every person at the camp should have guns. As it is, they don’t have enough to go around and the only place to get more guns is the city, but it means certain death to go into the city. Is Rick crazy enough to risk his life for the good of the camp?

You will also be able to pick up THE WALKING DEAD OMNIBUS, VOL. 3 in January 2011. Collecting issues #49-72, the OMNIBUS is a deluxe oversized and slipcased hardcover. It’s perfect for long time fans, new readers and anyone needing a heavy object with which to fend off the walking dead. The omnibus is strictly limited to a print run of 3000.

THE WALKING DEAD WEEKLIES (#1: NOV100410; #2: NOV100411; #3: NOV100412; #4: NOV100413), each a 32-page black-and-white comic book for $2.99, will be in stores each Wednesday of January 2011. THE WALKING DEAD OMNIBUS, VOL. 3 (regular edition: NOV100442, $100; signed and numbered edition: NOV100443, $150), a 560-page oversized slipcased hardcover, will be in stores January 5, 2011.

I do not agree with this weekly issue idea..if some one wants to jump on board wouldn't the TPB or HC handle that? And as someone who collects everything WD I am not happy about this. I know I can just not buy these but if they become part of the registry then I will have to.

I really hope this does not become part of the registry...I think a limit needs to be made because TPB and HC are not far behind to become part of the registry. maybe a separate registry for these makes more sense (shrug)

I also feel that WD is starting to go down the Marvel path with trying to get every $ out of the fan base.

Ok I am done with my rantrant