• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Well what pisses me off about emailing Kara and Tony Moore is I just stated I was interested in spending a bunch of money on prints at an upcoming show, inquired if they would be doing an eBay auction with an offer for a sketch for said show, and then about whether 2 different pages of original art were still available and if so how much. Made it clear in my email that I was looking to drop $1000+ on everything from the prints, sketch and finally original artwork and I can't get a damn response.

Emailed them again 2 weeks later and still never received a response. All I can say is WTF. Pretty horrible way to run a business.

The problem is that Tony and Kara are not running a business and they are attached to the WD OA and are really not looking to sell them. :sorry:

And I can tell you a $1000+ for Moore WD OA might get you a photo copy of the page :foryou:

Like I stated earlier there has been threads on Moore's OA prices and you have many different people with many different opinions on the topic.

Kara usually will email back with prices but if you said you would pay 1k-2k for a page in the e-mail she probably didn't want to break your <3

Well what pisses me off about emailing Kara and Tony Moore is I just stated I was interested in spending a bunch of money on prints at an upcoming show, inquired if they would be doing an eBay auction with an offer for a sketch for said show, and then about whether 2 different pages of original art were still available and if so how much. Made it clear in my email that I was looking to drop $1000+ on everything from the prints, sketch and finally original artwork and I can't get a damn response.

Emailed them again 2 weeks later and still never received a response. All I can say is WTF. Pretty horrible way to run a business.

Check this out. It is a good read.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4425688&fpart=1

Personally, I was kind of upset when this first came out but I have mellowed in my old age. I will wait in case they pop up in the secondary market.

Edited by Claudio

Just wow at that thread. My email made it clear I was looking to spend around $1000 + towards a sketch and getting around 30 prints, paying to get around 15 comics signed and then spend X on possibly a piece of original art.

Never once said a price range for what exactly I wanted to spend towards the oa but made it clear in regards to the rest. I mean if I am looking to spend 300+ on prints and mention her eBay auctions for sketches going for $400+ and that I intend to win one if for cincy. I just cant stand the website insists on asking for prices then they refuse to respond. I guess the other thread explains it clearly. Charlie Aldard will be getting my money for more oa.

Also to add here is either the first or second email I sent off trying to just open up communication. Still looking for the third (I sent 3 now I remember using 2 different email addresses to try and figure out WTF was up) which got way more into detail and shows a little that I was upset she didn't answer me back the first or second time. You tell me if the below email give Kara and Tony any reason to just ignore me.

=========================================================

Hello Kara,

My name is Brendan ******** and I had the pleasure of meeting yourself and Tony for the first time earlier this year at a comic convention outside of Cincinnati in Covington and was able to pickup a bunch of the prints that you had for sale for the Walking Dead artwork. I enjoyed the chance to talk with you and Tony for about half an hour while the show was really slow and you convinced me to practically buy one of every print.

I see you and Tony will be attending the next Cincinnati Comic Expo in September and I was wondering if you might be selling any original artwork for the Walking Dead comic at the Expo? I would love to possibly pickup a page or two for my collection. The one page that really caught my eye was WD0413. Also I was wondering if there might be plans to either do small commissions that day on site or if there was a chance of an eBay auction to get a commission done that day (I see these go for $400+ but whatever it takes to win it)? Would love to add an original sketch of some sort to my collection.

Thank you for your time,

Brendan ********

Edited by brendanb438

. Charlie Aldard will be getting my money for more oa.
& I bet you can even get some sketches too :luhv:

Yes. Problem is Adlard isn't as good as Moore.

Tony Moore is really great, i prefer to buy Charlie ADLARD OA because of prices, i really don't think T MOORE pages worth what he wants .

I really think main problem with ADLARD is the pages size is working on since issue 38

you can't be as accurate on 8 1/2 X 14" than 11 X 17" , it was a pain first time i saw those pages at a con' , i never bought one and will never , i prefer to go on pre 37 pages ,art on those pages is really great, small size is really killing art quality

and i really prefer ADLARD :cloud9:

:o I'd say that is a matter of opinion

Yes it is but I am comfortable with it. I think most people would agree. Maybe people don't like Tony's attitude as much as Adlard's but I think that the market has decided who the better artist is.

I think that the market has decided who the better artist is.

I don't know, early issues OA tend to bring a premium. Plus, "better artist" is a totally subjective thing.

Chew, for example. Some people love the art. Some people can't stand it. It's just a matter of personal preference.

For the record, I like both artists work, but do tend to prefer Adlard on TWD...I like Moore's Ghost Rider, though.

How has the market decided?

I think that the market has decided who the better artist is.

I don't know, early issues OA tend to bring a premium. Plus, "better artist" is a totally subjective thing.

Chew, for example. Some people love the art. Some people can't stand it. It's just a matter of personal preference.

For the record, I like both artists work, but do tend to prefer Adlard on TWD...I like Moore's Ghost Rider, though.

Yes, the pricing for art is vastly different for the two. You might say it is the scarcity Moore's work compared to Adlard's. You might say it is the "early issue preimuim". However, check the pricing on commissions. People are willing to pay a lot more for a Moore commission than one from Charlie.

Personally, I understand people saying they like Adlard's stuff on TWD. It sets a sort of mood. Also, Adlard can draw well. I have a few pages of his that I like. However, I see a lot of his pages with little detail and that just seem rushed. It is disappointing. maybe because I like OA.

Looks like it to me, I want at least 5. Great looking cover!

I, for one, am VERY tired of the variants. That guest has really worn out it's welcome and as we see, they now have two different board games, tumblers, lighters and probably hair dryers if I looked hard enough.

I know, I know. I don't have to buy it but...

OMG! Spooning-A! THAT's a cool arse cover!

:whee:

Maybe line up your emails against their show schedule and you might have your answer.

If they went off to SDCC or some other large show, or did back to back shows they would most likely be bombed with emails, voice mails, and deadlines to catch up on...as well as caring for a toddler.

It's not like Kara is sitting next to the computer 24/7 waiting to swoop on messages. Seriously, you have a life..so do they. Don't read too much into an email that's not returned.

I know two weeks is the internet equivalent of a life time, but just because someone didn't respond in a snap doesn't necessarily mean they are ignoring you.

Also to add here is either the first or second email I sent off trying to just open up communication. Still looking for the third (I sent 3 now I remember using 2 different email addresses to try and figure out WTF was up) which got way more into detail and shows a little that I was upset she didn't answer me back the first or second time. You tell me if the below email give Kara and Tony any reason to just ignore me.

=========================================================

Hello Kara,

My name is Brendan ******** and I had the pleasure of meeting yourself and Tony for the first time earlier this year at a comic convention outside of Cincinnati in Covington and was able to pickup a bunch of the prints that you had for sale for the Walking Dead artwork. I enjoyed the chance to talk with you and Tony for about half an hour while the show was really slow and you convinced me to practically buy one of every print.

I see you and Tony will be attending the next Cincinnati Comic Expo in September and I was wondering if you might be selling any original artwork for the Walking Dead comic at the Expo? I would love to possibly pickup a page or two for my collection. The one page that really caught my eye was WD0413. Also I was wondering if there might be plans to either do small commissions that day on site or if there was a chance of an eBay auction to get a commission done that day (I see these go for $400+ but whatever it takes to win it)? Would love to add an original sketch of some sort to my collection.

Thank you for your time,

Brendan ********

Looks like it to me, I want at least 5. Great looking cover!

I, for one, am VERY tired of the variants. That guest has really worn out it's welcome and as we see, they now have two different board games, tumblers, lighters and probably hair dryers if I looked hard enough.

I know, I know. I don't have to buy it but...

OMG! Spooning-A! THAT's a cool arse cover!

:whee:

I think it's terrible as a sketch cover. 2c

Can't we just get a plain blank like the back of the Ultimate Comics version? That would be cool for sketches! Just put one out like Marvel for COVER PRICE. Let all comic shops order it.

Even if it has a plain back, I don't want another exclusive I have to pay $30 for that gets graded backwards... rantrant

Even if it has a plain back, I don't want another exclusive I have to pay $30 for that gets graded backwards... rantrant

You don't have to pay it. Just say "no." I don't buy variants unless it is something really special. I have broken out of the collecting OCD and I encourage more people to do the same. Make the creators earn your money with good stories not with cheap gimmicks. 2c