• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

I believe he claimed to do that in order to prevent people from re-selling and profiting from commissions. Annoying, but hey, it's his artwork and he could do whatever he wants to with it. I still love his work and think he was the best artist on TWD. (thumbs u

I believe he claimed to do that in order to prevent people from re-selling and profiting from commissions. Annoying, but hey, it's his artwork and he could do whatever he wants to with it. I still love his work and think he was the best artist on TWD. (thumbs u

I understand why artist/creators are going with personalized signatures and some what disagree. Personalized signatures can be fun but I like the looks of a single signature and since I bought the material and paid my convention fees, I should be allowed to have it done that way. Maybe they should put a limit on plain signatures...like anything over 3 books has to be personalized?

I understand why artist/creators are going with personalized signatures and some what disagree. Personalized signatures can be fun but I like the looks of a single signature and since I bought the material and paid my convention fees, I should be allowed to have it done that way. Maybe they should put a limit on plain signatures...like anything over 3 books has to be personalized?

Yeah, I was lucky to get a ton of stuff from him non-personalized. I love the sig, of coarse, but something about having it personalized just doesn't click for me unless I WANT it. If I buy something from an artist, it's mine. I should be able to do what the hec I want with it, right? I paid for the darn thing (theoretically).

For my personal taste, to frame something with a "forced" dedication seems annoying. I've never tried getting anything from him since one of the Florida Cons about 3 or so years ago. I wonder if he takes requests on word placement. Either way, he'll always be my favorite zombie artist. :headbang:

Those are all legit TM pieces. The smaller one was done on cardboard and sold on Tony's wife's ebay account about a year ago.

Seems strange to me though that the seller would list all of them at once. Maybe he doesn't realize that it will hurt his overall profit. Maybe this is a great time to pick up an early sketch by him.. I think I'll be bidding on at least one of them.

A couple of the Walking Dead actors will be at Emerald City this March. Should I get my Blue Label W.D. #1 signed by Kirkman, Moore, Jon and Laurie (Shane and Andrea) or just have Kirkman and Moore sign it? Would having the actors increase the value, or deplete it? Opinions, comments?

Jerome

Edited by jump_ace

A couple of the Walking Dead actors will be at Emerald City this March. Should I get my Blue Label W.D. #1 signed by Kirkman, Moore, Jon and Laurie (Shane and Andrea) or just have Kirkman and Moore sign it? Would having the actors increase the value, or deplete it? Opinions, comments?

Jerome

On a WD 1 I say keep it Kirkman/Moore. Save the actors for a different book. Something with a lot of open space like the #85 we see every once in awhile.

Jerome

I found it was hit and miss and my final Actor signed books flew out the door. I didn't get a #1 signed but 2-20 mostly. When the show really caught fire the extra sigs sold the book. After you factor the signing fees though the increase in the bottom line was minimal.

No way would I have an actor sign a #1 but that is just me.

Ditto, But I would pick up some TWD #1 Weekly's for them to sign. That or some not so important issue. That is what I'm going to do with Patrick Stewart in Dallas, have him sign some misc modern X-men along with Stan Lee.

Edited by WiseGuyX