• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

That's a shame about the corner. The book looks pretty good otherwise. I wish the seller would/could take more photos/scans of the other copies of the book he's trying to sell. I'm way too anal about having 9.8s and 9.8s only in my collection of modern comics.

So I thought about it for a while and finally decided to sell my #33 second print (blue cover variant) to someone on the board for a steal of a price of $50. First come first serve! Here's a scan

GBEBQ.jpg

:devil::devil::devil:

Edited by roastedbagel

Ya know what's crazy is this damn #33 second print is so hard to find in mint condition. I've got 3 and all are banged up. I order a #2 second print and it's a solid 9.8 candidate or higher. I don't get it. (shrug) Don't even get me started on the #35 error variant. Indiana Jones couldn't find that book. :ohnoez:

If only someone on the board had one :smirk: ...35 error that is

Doug had a copy, not sure if it's been sold since our last discussion though (don't go obliterate his pm's people!!!!). It's not going to be a high cgc contender but it was reasonably priced.

I remember buying multiples of WD books for less than $3. I bought 3 copies of WD #33 2nd print from mycomicshop for cover each. Paid less than $2 for 34 2nd print. Bought 2 copies of WD #2 2nd print from a guy who thought they were first prints. When I showed him they weren't, he sold both to me for $10. Bought 2 copies of #50 2nd print at Apple Comics for $5 total.

That's a gem roastedbagel! I'll take it if you can promise it's a 10.2 once I send it in to get graded.

Get it signed by Stan Lee and I'll buy it

You guys are in luck, dreams really do come true.

I called up Stan (we're buds if you didn't know), had him jet on over to CGC headquarters to meet me there for a quick SS session. CGC implemented a new grading service for me called "super fast track"where I walk in, everyone drops what they're doing, and they come over to witness then grade my book.

Five minute turnaround time, however they were a little backed up so it took 15 minutes. Nobody's perfect...

Anyway, here you guys go! I had Stan sign it for me (he's trying out a new signature), and the book actually got the coveted, secretive 10.2 Super Gem Mint grade. I'm the first.

Now it's a just a matter of a bidding war between you two to see who gets this authentic piece of history. Go!

Kq4GX.jpg

That's a gem roastedbagel! I'll take it if you can promise it's a 10.2 once I send it in to get graded.

Get it signed by Stan Lee and I'll buy it

You guys are in luck, dreams really do come true.

I called up Stan (we're buds if you didn't know), had him jet on over to CGC headquarters to meet me there for a quick SS session. CGC implemented a new grading service for me called "super fast track"where I walk in, everyone drops what they're doing, and they come over to witness then grade my book.

Five minute turnaround time, however they were a little backed up so it took 15 minutes. Nobody's perfect...

Anyway, here you guys go! I had Stan sign it for me (he's trying out a new signature), and the book actually got the coveted, secretive 10.2 Super Gem Mint grade. I'm the first.

Now it's a just a matter of a bidding war between you two to see who gets this authentic piece of history. Go!

Kq4GX.jpg

:roflmao:

so%2Bmuch%2Bwin.jpg

Jerome

Edited by jump_ace

I remember buying multiples of WD books for less than $3. I bought 3 copies of WD #33 2nd print from mycomicshop for cover each. Paid less than $2 for 34 2nd print. Bought 2 copies of WD #2 2nd print from a guy who thought they were first prints. When I showed him they weren't, he sold both to me for $10. Bought 2 copies of #50 2nd print at Apple Comics for $5 total.

Stop. Pouring. Salt. In. The. Wound.

:preach:

:gossip: Picked up a large run of WDs at cover here a few months back locally. All subbed came back 9.8 :)

I've bought from him before. No problems and seems like a good guy. I think he said that he got hit by a car.

Used to own a shop in Oakland and would write to CBG. Interesting, thought out letters.

I hear you on the better scan but just don't buy from him. (shrug)

A #34 second print has also been a pain to find. I got burned by one on eBay about 2 weeks ago. I always figured the variants would be harder but no way. These are much harder to locate in great shape.

I got one from this guy who apparently has 1000 of them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WALKING-DEAD-34-2nd-Printing-Variant-Cover-/190436226047?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2c56e233ff

What condition is it in? I saw that weeks ago but shied away from that garbage scan. :sick:

BTW the description reads like War and Peace as well... "From Image Comics, in NM condition"

Jim

Stop. Pouring. Salt. In. The. Wound.

:preach:

:gossip: Picked up a large run of WDs at cover here a few months back locally. All subbed came back 9.8 :)

#19 $250 :takeit: <-- pretty please

#15 $60 :takeit: (last issue needed to fill my run 3-99 {-19} )

#16 $50 :takeit: (favorite cover)

Thanks for accepting my offer :grin: