• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Well, I read a non-spoiler review, but there was a very large implied spoiler.

Andrea's crew

is safe

but

the van crew

is in deep

and also

someone will die in graphic, horrific detail.

UGH! How did I miss that listing? doh!

You would have bid $1,500+ on a listing with raw books from a guy with no comic book feedback and a couple of small photos that gives you zero indication as to the condition of the books? hm

if i was uncomfortable, i would have asked here, and found out it was legit

Not so much a spoiler but my possible predicted outcome for #100, but I don't want my thoughts to impair someone else's enjoyment should it turn out to be close the actual story.

My thought process could be wrong here, but Kirkman's shown a propensity to go for the heart and rip it out. Killing Lori and Judith in 48, etc.

In the movies you know who's going to die. It's the guy (or gal) who gives up on the fighting and chooses the "safe" route. It's the character(s) that have just had the loving, emotional scene that makes you care about them just a little bit more. The character(s) that have just made some joyous announcement or gotten some great news and are changing their plans drastically to try and protect that good news.

I wouldn't be shocked if Glenn or Maggie (and baby) bite it in 100. Kirkman has spent some time laying in the plot points that, if you are a fan of film, would have you screaming at the screen that they are about to die.

I guess anything is possible, but Glenn's decision to leave Rick's group and take Maggie with him and all their tearful embraces over the baby and how "safe" they are going to be has me thinking just the opposite will happen.

I'd say he bet that Rick would die. Or Carl

What do you guys think? Do you want to see Rick or Carl die?

I don't mind Carl in the comic. I want him dead and gone forever from the TV show.

Haha! Me Too! Carl in the comic is a nice kid who has been hardened by his circumstances. The AMC version of Carl has been incredibly poorly done, what kid is stupid enough to mess with a zombie stuck in the mud???...which then directly caused Dale's death - DIE CARL!!!...lol

Edited by mojomikey

Its the 2nd appearance of Daryl - he was the rider with the crossbow in #98 and their boss is Merle Dixon.

Or not.

Its the 2nd appearance of Daryl - he was the rider with the crossbow in #98 and their boss is Merle Dixon.

Or not.

If this were a Michael Bay movie, at the last minute the long lost third brother would ride in from the sunset, on a helicopter, with the blades rotating in slow motion...to a Nickelback song....and his name would be MASON DIXON.

Based on how the actor who plays Carl is at almost every convention since the tv show started.

I think he's going to die. That way its just Rick vs the Zombies. Kind of like a "what else do I have to lose" punisher take.

I was surprised to read that the guys working at the diamond warehouse think the WD is a bad read. Never heard that before!

Who owns the rights to Daryl and Merle?

(AMC)

Who has a videogame coming out?

(the Dixon brothers)

Who pays more?

(WD + ToT)

I foresee Daryl joining the comic.

Synergy and branding and all that corporate stuff...

Also...post #666...

...my brother's auction for two raw # 1's (9.4 and 9.6 IMO) sold for $1500 last night.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-copies-of-THE-WALKING-DEAD-1-NM-First-Print-KIRKMAN-/190698008835?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2c667cb103

Who decided to turn down two stacks is what I want to know. =)

The title probably wasn't helping with views, (I know that I never saw it) but I doubt that $1500 to start with was going to incite any bidding wars.

Who's the insufficiently_thoughtful_person that bought that book for $400? It's now caused another shop to list theirs with a BIN price of $500. Compared to the 94 sketch this is a more common variant. It definitely shouldn't be commanding a price like this.

I guess I'll be waiting until the heat does down on this one before pulling the trigger. Either that or I'll wait till its pre-slabbed for me.

Who's the insufficiently_thoughtful_person that bought that book for $400? It's now caused another shop to list theirs with a BIN price of $500. Compared to the 94 sketch this is a more common variant. It definitely shouldn't be commanding a price like this.

I guess I'll be waiting until the heat does down on this one before pulling the trigger. Either that or I'll wait till its pre-slabbed for me.

2 more have sold for $400 and $450 respectively.

It's now officially a $400 book. Thanks to the person who enjoys overpaying for stuff.

:pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair: