• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Re: Branget

Humor and sarcasm aside you will not find someone else as open, honest and willing to help new members.

Especially within the realm of The Walking Dead, which is his primary money maker.

Try asking your LCS owner how to make money in direct competition with them.

It won't go very well.

(Also, I'm not typing this just because he told me about Y The Last Man and that book is the bee's knees)

I've said it before and it bears repeating, if you want to look for successful models for modern comics you have two options on these boards: Branget and BeachBum.

Learn from them. Watch what they do. Ask questions.

They give advice: listen to it + augment it to your needs + put it in action = make money.

Gotta agree with this. Jeff mentioned to me a couple of months ago that he thinks I have become his biggest competitor, but yet he has never had a problem discussing anything openly and frankly with me. He has never been afraid to help me out, or minded leaving an extra dollar on the table to make sure I'm taken care of. I hope he knows that the feeling is reciprocated. Hell one may say we've even become friends.

Jim

Thanks guys. (thumbs u

My world does not revolve around making the most money. I realize this is a foreign concept for the vast majority. I have this debate all the time. I am a stay at home father of three. Everything else is secondary. Making a few bucks from selling comics keeps me home.

And he rocks a black leather coat better than anyone since Wesley Snipes.

Humor and sarcasm aside you will not find someone else as open, honest and willing to help new members.

Especially within the realm of The Walking Dead, which is his primary money maker.

It won't go very well.

(Also, I'm not typing this just because he told me about Y The Last Man and that book is the bee's knees)

I've said it before and it bears repeating, if you want to look for successful models for modern comics you have two options on these boards: Branget and BeachBum.

They give advice: listen to it + augment it to your needs + put it in action = make money.

Gotta agree with this. Jeff mentioned to me a couple of months ago that he thinks I have become his biggest competitor, but yet he has never had a problem discussing anything openly and frankly with me. He has never been afraid to help me out, or minded leaving an extra dollar on the table to make sure I'm taken care of. I hope he knows that the feeling is reciprocated. Hell one may say we've even become friends.

Jim

Thanks guys. (thumbs u

My world does not revolve around making the most money. I realize this is a foreign concept for the vast majority. I have this debate all the time. I am a stay at home father of three. Everything else is secondary. Making a few bucks from selling comics keeps me home.

Jeff was gentle with me on my first board transaction....... And so far this forum has been great. I ignore what I want to and enjoy and absorb the rest.

(worship)

It won't go very well.

Jim

Thanks guys. (thumbs u

3 options, but what do I know... ;)

I was going to mention you as soon as I read the post. 3 completely different ways of doing things and all willing to offer advice. (thumbs u

I would say the three amigos but only if I can be Steve Martin. ;)

Since I opened this latest spat - I feel I can close it.

Never met or PM'd Branget but he took time to honestly answer a question from a stranger.

Makes him alright in my book.

For now.... :whistle: