• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

(worship) Think I'm going to need you to up my meds, cause Dre probably has a load of WD 9.9's coming in lol

Yes, If you are seeing double in the picture below you will need to up your meds.

f3ed1438.jpg

What if you are seeing double double? :cry:

Jerome

Edited by jump_ace

I still can't get a good read on the Escape variant.

Prices were dropping a bit from the ~$75 mark for a few days, now its back there, with the one below at $130 with 20 bids! If that's a fellow boardie selling it congrats! :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SDCC-2012-Walking-Dead-100-Variant-Exclusive-Comic-Walking-Dead-Escape-/261072872300

Oh and side note, I'm getting a hardy chuckle at the couple of #100 auctions where in the title it says "First appearance of Lucille!!!" As if they have no idea its just an inadament object lol

Though technically, it is the first appearance :)

Ok if you post again with triples of both dog and comic I might have to leave the internet for the night.

Do you really want to leave the internet tonight?

Absolutely not! Bedtime isn't for another couple of hours...but if I see 3 of those damn cute dogs in front of 3 9.9s, I'll definitely wonder if I'm not just seeing things or if you truly make sure you have an equal ratio of dog : 9.9s/10s lol

To clarify, someone had already offered me $3000 for the piece prior to the auction starting. I explained that we would be handling it as a blind auction and that I'd use his bid as the minimum. If no one bid on it over $3k then the customer would own it.

It is my experience that a blind auction cuts out the people trying to bit $.01 penny more than the the current high offer. Basically it gives people who really want the piece for themselves to submit their high offer of what they are willing to pay. If you think it is too high, it is always your right not to submit an offer.

Mark

To be fair though, you're not really looking at it from the other perspective. If it was an auction, and the starting bid was lower, then more people would initially bid. That "sense of entitlement" that Branget was talking about exists tenfold in an auction like that. People sometimes bid crazy amounts in the heat of the moment.

While the exclusive nature of a blind auction may be the best way to do it, I think that for Charlie's sake it could be sold in a manner that would make him more money.

Edited by Phillip

(worship) Think I'm going to need you to up my meds, cause Dre probably has a load of WD 9.9's coming in lol

Yes, If you are seeing double in the picture below you will need to up your meds.

f3ed1438.jpg

If the dog comes with the 9.9, I may finally be able to convince my wife to let me spend $ on a comic

Anyone else end up getting walking Dead skybound box sets? Finally got my 2nd one today and I believe this is one I am keeing!

I was so surprised that in the bottom of the box was a 10th comic (Walking Dead Escape Raw 9.8+ candidate! I have been struggling to find a nice one so I was happy needless to say!

My other box set did not have the escape variant and I had already sold the set anyways. I wonder if this was a mistake or the randomly inserted these ???

Anyone else know?

Wow - glad you mentioned this! I opened up the box I got & lo & behold, the Escape variant is in there, looking all 9.8-ish! :banana:

Anyone else end up getting walking Dead skybound box sets? Finally got my 2nd one today and I believe this is one I am keeing!

I was so surprised that in the bottom of the box was a 10th comic (Walking Dead Escape Raw 9.8+ candidate! I have been struggling to find a nice one so I was happy needless to say!

My other box set did not have the escape variant and I had already sold the set anyways. I wonder if this was a mistake or the randomly inserted these ???

Anyone else know?

I feel like I've read this post before hm

Jim

More 2nd prints? I sure hope Dre watches this thread :wishluck:

:censored:

Jerome

I'm pretty sure Dre was consulted before they decided to go to press. :whistle:

Jim

I did happen to see the OA weeks ago by accident and kept my mouth shut. lol

f3ed1438.jpg

If the dog comes with the 9.9, I may finally be able to convince my wife to let me spend $ on a comic

lol:roflmao:

DITTO, My wife would let me buy them all!

Does anyone know if this is a board member?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walking-Dead-100-CGC-9-8-ALL-8-VARIANTS-/170885719917?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item27c995276d

Love the description: "None of these comics have ever even been touched by human hands"

history-channel-alien-guy-meme-generator-aliens-98f63b.jpg

Jerome

Edited by jump_ace