• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Jim - I had no idea you stopped your Gold & Silver collecting to focus on the Dead. I knew you enjoyed the WD, but I didn't know you'd gone 'all-in.'

Congratulations on your collection & going after your passion full-tilt.

Awesome books & awesome original art.

Beautiful. :applause:(worship):banana:

Not going to lie but I'm pretty proud of this picture. I abandoned all collecting of Golden Age and Silver Age to focus exclusively on everything WD this past April. I've put way to many miles on my car, searching and chasing, I've spent way to many late nights looking at EBay, memorizing GPA and the like. I have bought, and sold and traded more in these last five months than my entire lifetime combined but I have enjoyed every last second of it. Collecting WD has been the most self satisfying thing I have collected since I was in my teens. I hope this feeling last for a long time to come. :wishluck:

932be62aff43ba5e6314aa345fe7d294.jpg

I knew I needed a Moore piece to give my collection proper representation and was so fine with it being this beauty...

1ba238f4b1f7db5ff55d0f8ce9008db8.jpg

But when I saw that somehow, someway this piece was available, I just knew I had to get to it before the Nowell Bros did :screwy:

a849645a1bdbcb429a842d4be6dfdada.jpg

Meeting Tony and Kara This past weekend was a thrill. They were down to earth, humble, nice people that were most generous and genuinely appeared to care. Now where's JJ, we need to discuss that 19 cover. :eek:

Jim

Beautiful stuff Jimbo. (thumbs u

Not going to lie but I'm pretty proud of this picture. I abandoned all collecting of Golden Age and Silver Age to focus exclusively on everything WD this past April. I've put way to many miles on my car, searching and chasing, I've spent way to many late nights looking at EBay, memorizing GPA and the like. I have bought, and sold and traded more in these last five months than my entire lifetime combined but I have enjoyed every last second of it. Collecting WD has been the most self satisfying thing I have collected since I was in my teens. I hope this feeling last for a long time to come. :wishluck:

I knew I needed a Moore piece to give my collection proper representation and was so fine with it being this beauty...

But when I saw that somehow, someway this piece was available, I just knew I had to get to it before the Nowell Bros did :screwy:

Meeting Tony and Kara This past weekend was a thrill. They were down to earth, humble, nice people that were most generous and genuinely appeared to care. Now where's JJ, we need to discuss that 19 cover. :eek:

Jim

Jimbo that's just totally awesome buddy. So impressive. I knew you loved WD but not that much!

LOVE the Rick/Glen piece. I remember reading the book and really liking that page. And the Death of Shane? That's got to be one of the most iconic pages of all. Wow.

:applause:

And the Death of Shane? That's got to be one of the most iconic pages of all. Wow.

I know right? I know I'm really late to the party but the fact that Tony was still sitting on that page after all these years and that no one had snagged it already, I feel incredibly fortunate.

Now I need somebody to sell me copies of WD Weekly #2 and #6 so I can have these framed properly.

Jim

And the Death of Shane? That's got to be one of the most iconic pages of all. Wow.

I know right? I know I'm really late to the party but the fact that Tony was still sitting on that page after all these years and that no one had snagged it already, I feel incredibly fortunate.

Now I need somebody to sell me copies of WD Weekly #2 and #6 so I can have these framed properly.

Jim

Can't you just buy a 81st printing of the first tpb? It would probably be cheaper, especially if you pick it up on amazon, or at a show. And the quality of the paper would be nicer.

Gorgeous pages - not to poop on your parade but when you are forking over thousands of dollars, the people on the receiving end will always be nice.

But I'm a bitter grump who wont pay for a TM page! :sumo:

Jim

Can't you just buy a 81st printing of the first tpb? It would probably be cheaper, especially if you pick it up on amazon, or at a show. And the quality of the paper would be nicer.

Thank you, never even crossed my mind. Wonderful idea!!! :foryou:

Jim

Jim

I don't see my issue 35 error in there anywhere... hm