• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Nobody's going to miss these or let them fly under the radar like Justice League might have. This is the hottest book on the planet right now and these will be auctioned off during while the season 3 hype machine is in full-effect.

These books will probably be showcased at NYCCC and not just go to the few of us on the boards that want them. We'll be the ones watching the auctions with a reasonable price in mind, only to get blown out of the water at the last minute by new money who saw the books on display and had to have one.

I'm also thinking that these will have a big impact on registry sets.

I wish you luck, but like I said, I see $500 as the absolute floor on the weakest covers. We'll see...

DING DING DING WINNER!!!

Times have changed people. New people are into it now (like myself) and more are coming because of the TV Show.

Bob said it best ...

"You better start swimming or you'll sink like a stone, for the times' they are a changin'!"

Then why is the 94 ImageExpo limited a $200 book?

And more to come.

Yuppers

The next two Monday census updates should be interesting, all the last minute Lucilles subbed Fast Track before last Friday's deadline.

I have two that were sent in, one for a local store owner for his own collection (9.4/9.6) + another 9.8 candidate for me.

Nobody's going to miss these or let them fly under the radar like Justice League might have. This is the hottest book on the planet right now and these will be auctioned off during while the season 3 hype machine is in full-effect.

These books will probably be showcased at NYCCC and not just go to the few of us on the boards that want them. We'll be the ones watching the auctions with a reasonable price in mind, only to get blown out of the water at the last minute by new money who saw the books on display and had to have one.

I'm also thinking that these will have a big impact on registry sets.

I wish you luck, but like I said, I see $500 as the absolute floor on the weakest covers. We'll see...

DING DING DING WINNER!!!

Times have changed people. New people are into it now (like myself) and more are coming because of the TV Show.

Bob said it best ...

"You better start swimming or you'll sink like a stone, for the times' they are a changin'!"

Then why is the 94 ImageExpo limited a $200 book?

There's not really much of a comparison between the HI sketch covers and the 94 B&W.

Same title, limited print run, relatively recent release

You have a better comparison?

I'd go with the USM sketch covers HI did back in '07 or so. WD is hotter, but Spidey is...well, Spidey. The range on those was around $400-$7K, IIRC and I think the Walking Dead books will go higher on the low end, lower on the high end.

I doubt any will reach the high end number the McFarlane Spidey pulled, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the best of the best hit $3K+, depending on who is involved.

It'll be fun to watch regardless. I'm not planning on bidding unless they go stupid low for some reason.

Finally decided to grade my #33 Blue 2nd Print and got confirmation today that it is a 9.8 :cloud9: It took me forever searching for a nice one of these! Sooo HAPPY

:applause: I'm very jealous!

THANKS! I can't believe there are only 6 on the census that are 9.8. Either people aren't grading these specific issues or most of them aren't in very good condition.

On a side note, just saw my #100 Black Lucille Variant SS Yellow label got a 9.8 !!!!! so glad I got sent in before the cut off! :banana:

Edited by Soup1998

Finally decided to grade my #33 Blue 2nd Print and got confirmation today that it is a 9.8 :cloud9: It took me forever searching for a nice one of these! Sooo HAPPY

:applause: I'm very jealous!

THANKS! I can't believe there are only 6 on the census that are 9.8. Either people aren't grading these specific issues or most of them aren't in very good condition.

On a side note, just saw my #100 Black Lucille Variant SS Yellow label got a 9.8 !!!!! so glad I got sent in before the cut off! :banana:

How did you receive comfirmation that your book came back at 9.8? I have like 9 books out right now and waiting for them to come back to see what they ended up at

So, whats the deal with the Serbian WDs?

there was a #12 that ended tonight with no bids ($9)

Only #1, #2, #2 B&W, and #10 B&W command higher prices.

#2 B&W and #10 B&W had the smaller print runs of 50 and 100 respectively.

#1 and #2 had a larger portion of the print run sold in Serbia as readers there tried the book. They didn't like it. The series was cancelled due to poor sales in Serbia, so the majority of issues #3-13 didn't sell in Serbia and were bought by US buyers. That's why #1 and #2 are harder to find and #'s 3-13 are more common here in the US and on eBay.

#2 is really tough in high grade due to the dark cover. Most of the copies that surface are beat up. Demand is higher for #1 because if you only buy 1 Serbian you probably want to buy #1. The fact that #1 and #2 are harder to find, makes #'s 3-13 suffer value wise. People want to buy a #1, or a set of #1-13. Not many people just want a random later issue.

I think you are missing another vital point:

The covers for 1 - 6 all have a completely different cover,drawn by an unknown (to me anyway) artist.

Cover #4 is a zombie eating a deer (based on Moores drawing) and #5 has Jim all messed up.

These are the only covers by this artist in the whole world, and tbh are the rarest Walking Dead books on the planet (except the trashed French #1 - #6).

The variant #2 only had 50 copies made,with an original cover.

Thats less than any 'retailer variant' 'printing error' or anything else.

These are the rarest books availiable and people are waking upto that.

I would go so far as to say that there are more copies outside of Serbia now than in it.

I bought the whole set for the original covers and variants.

The print run was 500 for #1 - #3

50 for #2 and #10 variant and 200 for all other covers.

Value - who knows,but as a fan of the book, I just wanted them!

Looks like someone may have gotten a pretty sweet deal depending on condition.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=251152386647

mess !!!!

Why do I always miss these?

HR stop being American-centric.

Use the European Union ebay pages and they are there.

There are at least 2 BIN for under $1000 currently.