• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

They deserve all of those (not that they care). They sure are getting good mileage out of that 100th issue.

The 90's are making a comeback!!!!!!

I saved my MC Hammer pants for just such an occasion....maybe my X-force #1's will be worth something.

lol thats a great page --- at least he realizes hes being a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed :)

its really not him though i am sure -- its his marketing and handlers sayting, just do this and yu will get more money --

plus it only pisses off like 2% of the fanbase --- for the lions share of us, we shrug it off and wait for the next issue

They deserve all of those (not that they care). They sure are getting good mileage out of that 100th issue.

The 90's are making a comeback!!!!!!

I saved my MC Hammer pants for just such an occasion....maybe my X-force #1's will be worth something.

You're right...the pants are back!

Ya that made me laugh!

I am another whiner on the press release but whatev's, I don't like seeing them mess on TWD with variants.

They locked the thread, lol

EDIT: I went to post saying I was 'money grab' (sorry JJ) since I didn't want to be accused of trolling and it says my post will have to be reviewed by a moderator

EDIT 2: It's up. Nice to know they are open to criticism and aren't going to censor people's comments

Edited by HugeRosen

This is from the newest issue of INVINCIBLE (written by Kirkman).

Invincible is at a comic convention talking to the writer of his favorite comic book Science Dog....

Invincible-97-014.jpg

It's been a long time since I've read Invincible, but this reminds me of a scene in an early issue (maybe issue 8...?), where Cory Walker is at a con, and a fan asks about the laziness involved in repeating a panel as a stat multiple times on a page...and that page itself is a stat of the same panel multiple times. Anyway, I used to love Invincible, and that was a favorite moment for me. It's probably been at least 6 or 7 years since I read it, though, so maybe I am remembering it wrong.

It's pretty funny that Kirkman hears the complaints and then will joke about it.

I'm all for capitalism and the creators making the most money off their comics. That's why I don't care what Adlard charges for his OA. If I was him and saw my pages I was selling for $125 to 'fans' and saw the page on eBay a week later for $500 and selling, I'd be pretty pissed off. It's his art and he should make the most he can.

Same thing with variants. Don't mind the creators using a variant to make some extra $. I do object to 18 variants on one issue. Especially when the issue is 4 months old.

rantrant

EDIT: are we at 18 yet? or is it 17? I can't keep track anymore.

Edited by HugeRosen

1 - Adlard

2 - Quitely

3 - Hitch

4 - Ottley

5 - Silvestri

6 - McFarlane

7 - Phillips

8 - Chromium

9 - Adlard Wraparound

10 - Escape

11 - Adlard B&W Wraparound

12 - Adlard SDCC

13 - Ottley Sketch

14 - Hero Initiative

15 - Lucille

16 - 2nd Print

17 - 3rd Print

18 - Lucille "Foil"

Ya that made me laugh!

I am another whiner on the press release but whatev's, I don't like seeing them mess on TWD with variants.

EDIT: I went to post saying I was 'money grab' (sorry JJ) since I didn't want to be accused of trolling and it says my post will have to be reviewed by a moderator

EDIT 2: It's up. Nice to know they are open to criticism and aren't going to censor people's comments

Didn't take you long to suck up once they called you out for your posts, huh...?!?

Ya that made me laugh!

Didn't take you long to suck up once they called you out for your posts, huh...?!?

Where was I sucking up? ???

EDIT: And I'd be more than happy to post my rant from above on the skybound site too, but the guy running that site obviously is reading this thread. I made my complaint on the site, responded by putting my name to it (when called a troll), then responded again when i was quoted from something I said on the boards. If that's sucking up, then ok.

Happy Thanksgiving people.

Edited by HugeRosen

Off topic a little, but wanted to get an opinion.

Looking to raise a little extra money for Christmas.

I was thinking of unloading my TWD 61.

Sell it Raw on ebay, have the cash before christmas or send it to CGC, shell out the extra cash to have it slabbed, then sell it on ebay (after the long wait)?

it's 9.6 to 9.8.

What would you guys do?