• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

I thought it was a very good issue.

Negan is getting more interesting/rounded as a character. It was good to see his "inside" persona - I wonder how many of the Saviors ever go outside the mill and know what he's doing out there. He looked genuinely upset when Carl started to cry as well.

Hey didn't know if anyone has been paying attention, but that Daryl Dixon figure from series 1 has seriously gone way up in price. I got one in July for about $40 and thought that was high......Check this out

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-WALKING-DEAD-TV-SERIES-1-DARYL-DIXON-Action-Figure-RARE-/330841127977?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item4d07aafc29

wow. people sure do love wasting money. those aren't even decent looking.

Yeah but he's the only Daryl figure ever...and he's not even in the comics. (obviously).... lol

i've been meaning to ask you about your sig. i notice you have low grade copies of two ASM books that aren't hard to find or expensive in high grade (at least i don't think so). why a 5.5 and a 4.5?

p.s. not knocking them, just curious.

Well I got them for free from my best friend and I had them graded. Promised him I'd never sell them. I know it doesn't look that good next to the other NM books....lol

Sometimes sentimental value far outweighs monetary value.

Years ago, when I was around 12 years old, and Curse of the Spawn #1 Black and White variant was at the shop, I reallllly wanted it but couldn't afford it. I believe it was $30 back then. My father bought it for me as a gift as I cherish it as much as many of the keys I own even though I know it's not worth much today. It's just the thought of that day at the comic shop, I'll never forget it.

Hey didn't know if anyone has been paying attention, but that Daryl Dixon figure from series 1 has seriously gone way up in price. I got one in July for about $40 and thought that was high......Check this out

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-WALKING-DEAD-TV-SERIES-1-DARYL-DIXON-Action-Figure-RARE-/330841127977?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item4d07aafc29

Yeah but he's the only Daryl figure ever...and he's not even in the comics. (obviously).... lol

i've been meaning to ask you about your sig. i notice you have low grade copies of two ASM books that aren't hard to find or expensive in high grade (at least i don't think so). why a 5.5 and a 4.5?

Well I got them for free from my best friend and I had them graded. Promised him I'd never sell them. I know it doesn't look that good next to the other NM books....lol

Years ago, when I was around 12 years old, and Curse of the Spawn #1 Black and White variant was at the shop, I reallllly wanted it but couldn't afford it. I believe it was $30 back then. My father bought it for me as a gift as I cherish it as much as many of the keys I own even though I know it's not worth much today. It's just the thought of that day at the comic shop, I'll never forget it.

yeah, i loved valiant growing up, but most of the early issues were far beyond what i could afford. my LCS had a solar #1 on the wall for $30. my aunt bought it for my as a birthday or christmas present (i forget which), and i still have it. even when i sold off my valiants in the late 90's, i kept it (i've since bought back almost every valiant i loved...thankfully for pennies)

My exact thoughts!! Yeah he's not only my best friend but he's my business partner, you all should see his comic collection.....He just is too busy to be on forums. Plus he's a 12cent guy.....I think he may have 1 or 2 modern books lol

Even with a new issue out all that gets talked about in this thread is original art. :P

Well we can't talk about the new book for what about a week or so? Because all the people who haven't read it yet will get upset if we spoil it for them.

But I loved the new story line I just hate waiting a stupid whole month for the next one.

I'm afraid for Carl, I'm also afraid for Rick, I really hope that it doesn't lead up to Negan putting down Rick......That would just suck

Edited by retro_collector

Even with a new issue out all that gets talked about in this thread is original art. :P

sorry to veer off topic :signofftopic:

Just really liked to cover to 105 . Again good read. Negan is growing on me and I kinda like him. It would seem we are in for alot of surprises in the next couple issues.

Also Carl is Bada$$

sorry to veer off topic :signofftopic:

Just really liked to cover to 105 . Again good read. Negan is growing on me and I kinda like him. It would seem we are in for alot of surprises in the next couple issues.

Also Carl is Bada$$

What's wrong with talking OA? :boo:

I loved the artwork in this issue...might even pay Mark's bandit market prices for a page hm

Edited by Jerry S