• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Also, some people would say that going bonkers over 9.8s is also a bad idea as there are two full grades higher available, just a matter of time.

Yeah, you've pushed this argument a couple of times now.

The vast majority of slabbed comics will never see a 9.9 or 10.0 in the census - for all intents & purposes a 9.8 is going to be the highest grade available.

Also, some people would say that going bonkers over 9.8s is also a bad idea as there are two full grades higher available, just a matter of time.

The vast majority of slabbed comics will never see a 9.9 or 10.0 in the census - for all intents & purposes a 9.8 is going to be the highest grade available.

In general i agree with you. i like to say never say never. pressing is getting more and more popular. who knows what the future holds for "improving" books to the point that they dont wind up in a purple flip.

coming from my main hobby addiction (cards), i've seen 10's become a LOT more prevalent when they used to be VERY difficult to obtain.

Read issue 105, it had a Crossed feel to it, I think all the "F" words and sex talk did it.

Does anyone know what Negan did before the Zombpocalypse? I've just been skimming through the issues so I may have missed it.

ha! i didnt think $158 would win this! lol

$(KGrHqZHJDYFC0zhsp9vBQ)Uv(eIj!~~60_3.JPG

Very nice. I was gonna last minute snipe it with a $175 max bid but forgot to place my bid. :)

Gonna just hold off for one that is Sig Series at that grade now. I have a really nice raw one that is 9.6/9.8 ish just want to get some sigs on it before subbing it.

In general i agree with you. i like to say never say never. pressing is getting more and more popular. who knows what the future holds for "improving" books to the point that they dont wind up in a purple flip.

Like a magical machine that can remove bindery tears and sharpen corners? Because those are the most common defects that keep a book out of 9.9 or above - and none of those can be improved by a press ... :shrug:

Not sure why you guys are baffled that that Image Firsts is getting big bucks. They arent that easy to find anymore. Sure, not $90 worth, but not readily available either

Did anyone else pick up the new image firsts walking dead that came out last week? I just got mine from midtown and it looks exactly like the one that's at $90.