• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Regarding Tony Moore art on eBay...was this seller a boardie?:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251038388213

That's not a rhetorical question...I really don't know.

For those interested in a Tony Moore page, PM me. I have a friend who's not a boardie who has a really nice one that he is willing to sell. Just be forewarned: It's not cheap.

that page would probably top 5 figures now

Maybe. There's no question that Tony Moore WD art is highly valued. As a collector, though, I believe you get more bang for your buck with Adlard.

Two recent auctions:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=271116969346

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=281038329704

Personally, I'd go for the Adlard DPS.

And if the hospital bed splash is five figures, then that's a lot of Adlard art.

To each their own, of course.

For those looking for alternative sources other than splashpageart for TWD pages..

There are a few nice pages are still available on petitpapiers..even a couple of zombie DPS and some pretty nice panel pages:

http://petitspapiers.be/?fond=rubrique&id_rubrique=418

Also check http://www.galerie9art.com/ - they update every few weeks or so and seem to have pretty random pages -- I scored a few nice early pages with them...

Pre-sale #106 Infinity and Beyond variants (signed and unsigned) now up on Ebay directly from the shop in the UK.

They say it's limited to 2000 copies.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IMAGE-THE-WALKING-DEAD-106-EXCLUSIVE-ADLARD-100-INFINITY-BEYOND-COVER-/350676232731?pt=UK_Books_Comics_Magazines_US_Comics_ET&hash=item51a5eeaa1b

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IMAGE-THE-WALKING-DEAD-106-EXCLUSIVE-ADLARD-100-INFINITY-BEYOND-COVER-SIGNED-/190774409215?pt=UK_Books_Comics_Magazines_US_Comics_ET&hash=item2c6b0a77ff

Oh, and they also still have copies of the #85 I&B variant cover too.

Thanks for pointing that (thumbs u

Hey someone mentioned earlier about, hope I get this right Kara I believe, not selling anymore TM pages? I'm assuming that's TM's partner? I tried to email them a couple times on his contacts page and I never got a response. Maybe money is not good enough for them.....I'd really like to invest in a Moore piece...

I really hope my post gets a reply. :sorry:

I feel like they keep getting mad at speculators and that is why they stopped doing the convention raffle sketch opportunity at conventions and only do ebay sketch opps.

They're really nice people in person, but I think they just don't want to sell pages online - that way you are forced into telling them you're not going to sell the page at a later date for double when they ask if you want the item personalized or not.

Tony and Kara Moore up until the point of this years Cincinnati Comic Expo were very nice and amazing people. Great to talk to and be around. After this years CCE throw everything from above out the window. Anyone who went to CCE who were left wondering where in the hell is Tony Moore he screwed each and everyone of us over.

Now we are having a ton of drama in the Convention community here in Cincinnati because of these two folks. Yeah my love for them is about as strong now as a turd in a toilet.

Hey someone mentioned earlier about, hope I get this right Kara I believe, not selling anymore TM pages? I'm assuming that's TM's partner? I tried to email them a couple times on his contacts page and I never got a response. Maybe money is not good enough for them.....I'd really like to invest in a Moore piece...

I really hope my post gets a reply. :sorry:

I feel like they keep getting mad at speculators and that is why they stopped doing the convention raffle sketch opportunity at conventions and only do ebay sketch opps.

They're really nice people in person, but I think they just don't want to sell pages online - that way you are forced into telling them you're not going to sell the page at a later date for double when they ask if you want the item personalized or not.

Tony and Kara Moore up until the point of this years Cincinnati Comic Expo were very nice and amazing people. Great to talk to and be around. After this years CCE throw everything from above out the window. Anyone who went to CCE who were left wondering where in the hell is Tony Moore he screwed each and everyone of us over.

Now we are having a ton of drama in the Convention community here in Cincinnati because of these two folks. Yeah my love for them is about as strong now as a turd in a toilet.

Yes go on........

It all boils down to greed. You can guess who got greedy (they last minute didn't show up), who got left out in the dark (all those who showed up to get stuff signed by Tony) and now if you look into this new Cincy Con that is trying to go up against CCE who the two key folks are attempting to get it off the ground.

Yeah I respect a turd in a toilet more than I do these two now.

It all boils down to greed. You can guess who got greedy (they last minute didn't show up), who got left out in the dark (all those who showed up to get stuff signed by Tony) and now if you look into this new Cincy Con that is trying to go up against CCE who the two key folks are attempting to get it off the ground.

Ok yes. I saw that on TM website, that he was trying to do a con in Cincinnati...

So what about Emerald City Con....Will TM be there??? Like their website says?

Even if the OA folks are talking about the art sucking (Rick's ear looking like bacon), it's still a legitimate discussion about the book. lol

Maybe the ear looks like "bacon" to some. I don't agree with the nitpicking myself. This is comic art. It is not a photograph. It is not meant to be a Grey's Anatomy illustration. The primary goal of the comic artist is to tell a story, to express an idea. The primary goal is not to achieve anatomical perfection. To me, anyone who focuses on the imperfections in the drawings instead of the actual content, is completely missing the point.

I've never bought a piece of OA because the artist drew a great-looking ear.

If the choice is between a poorly-drawn (debatable) Rick or a well-drawn (debatable) nobody, I choose Rick.

I feel ya :( He was a no show in Louisville, supposedly sick, and I had plans to see him in Cincinnatti to get some sigs on some books :cry: and he wasn't there either :(

Just went through 5 pages of a cat fight.... :facepalm:

Back to The Walking Dead!!!

Who's that supposed to be on the Infinity and Beyond 106 cover???

The auction description says its Charlie. Though he looks nothing like that in person.

That's exactly my thoughts. Saw him at SDCC and if that is supposed to be him, then he's not very good at self portraits...