• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

Hey someone mentioned earlier about, hope I get this right Kara I believe, not selling anymore TM pages? I'm assuming that's TM's partner? I tried to email them a couple times on his contacts page and I never got a response. Maybe money is not good enough for them.....I'd really like to invest in a Moore piece...

I really hope my post gets a reply. :sorry:

I feel like they keep getting mad at speculators and that is why they stopped doing the convention raffle sketch opportunity at conventions and only do ebay sketch opps.

They're really nice people in person, but I think they just don't want to sell pages online - that way you are forced into telling them you're not going to sell the page at a later date for double when they ask if you want the item personalized or not.

Thanks Jimmy. But who has early WD OA pages for sale???!!!???

I don't think its speculators - in fact, as far as I can recall - there has been three Walking Dead

Tony Moore pages for sale on Ebay in the last YEAR.

Of those, two were by boardies, and one was pulled from Ebay about 10 minutes after putting up the auction (seller recanting on wanting to sell I believe).

Of those, 2 on Ebay which actually did sell, they were from sales (by Tony and Kara) done 3+ and 5+ years ago.

It has ZERO to do with speculators...I have my thoughts..but I'll reserve...too much drama for one day.

Jerry you've always been cool to me. And I love talking art with anyone. And you have offered me pieces for a very fair price. But I posted 3 post and all I want to know is How the F**** can I get a page from TM site?!?!! lol I'm not really yelling I'm just joking, no but for real, I really want to invest in some early issue art! Damn you Tony!! lol J/K

Sorry bud to not have responded -- honestly I have no idea? I know Kara takes a long time to reply...and other than what I posted above, I have no other knowledge..

I consider myself VERY lucky to have bought the page I did when I did a few months ago..

One quick thing to note - they probably get a bunch of emails from people all day long asking about the artwork with no knowledge of the value -- its pretty easy to stumble on the site and I am sure they are getting slammed with emails and probably just don't wanna deal with it..

Edited by Jerry S

Yea I hear you guys. Hey Tony Moore I have an idea, why don't you list the OA with a buy it now price on your website, then it will redirect people to PayPal to buy. Otherwise please remove the "art for sale" on your page and post "art to drool over" instead. Thank you a fan.

Ok - I am now firmly 100% in the 'Start a WD OA thread' - and I even own some.

Take it to PM or start a thread - Even Ballham Finest is starting on you now.

:acclaim:

To recap:

#40 is total garbage.

#39 is the cream of the crop.

This is why I ask if anyone still takes you seriously.

Aren't you divorcing the comments from the context a little in your recap? Should I still take it seriously?

I doubt anyone really wants to get involved or take ramblings on a forum for collectors seriously 100% of the time. Regardless of the source. To me it looks like people should just agree to disagree at this point. The thread is going nowhere but it's getting there at a rate of knots.

Right I'm off to finish wrapping presents... has something to do with peace on earth and good will to all men...

<3

What is the context? They directly relate. Either Jerry is full of about one or he's full of about the other.

Whether you take it seriously or not is up to you. They're Jerry's words, not mine.

Ironically, "peace on Earth and good will to men" is a sentiment I share as well. I have no ill will toward Jerry...but I do believe he has consistently and unfairly maligned both Mark's selling practices and Charlie's art. (And other collectors, too.) That "critique" of the #40 cover being especially classy. Are those guys perfect? No. Do I agree with some of the criticism? Yes. But it does become a bit much to hear Jerry, of all people, constantly go on about other sellers' "ripoff" prices and other collectors' "garbage" art. IMO, turnabout is fair play for anyone who is that hypercritical.

But, point taken. In the spirit of the season, I'll move on. Happy holidays to all (even you, Jerry).

Regarding Tony Moore art on eBay...was this seller a boardie?:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251038388213

That's not a rhetorical question...I really don't know.

For those interested in a Tony Moore page, PM me. I have a friend who's not a boardie who has a really nice one that he is willing to sell. Just be forewarned: It's not cheap.

For those interested in a Tony Moore page, PM me. I have a friend who's not a boardie who has a really nice one that he is willing to sell. Just be forewarned: It's not cheap.

I don't think that the seller was a boardie. I think it was Bill Crabtree, who did work on Invincible.

To recap:

#40 is total garbage.

#39 is the cream of the crop.

This is why I ask if anyone still takes you seriously.

Aren't you divorcing the comments from the context a little in your recap? Should I still take it seriously?

I doubt anyone really wants to get involved or take ramblings on a forum for collectors seriously 100% of the time. Regardless of the source. To me it looks like people should just agree to disagree at this point. The thread is going nowhere but it's getting there at a rate of knots.

Right I'm off to finish wrapping presents... has something to do with peace on earth and good will to all men...

<3

What is the context? They directly relate. Either Jerry is full of about one or he's full of about the other.

Whether you take it seriously or not is up to you. They're Jerry's words, not mine.

Ironically, "peace on Earth and good will to men" is a sentiment I share as well. I have no ill will toward Jerry...but I do believe he has consistently and unfairly maligned both Mark's selling practices and Charlie's art. (And other collectors, too.) That "critique" of the #40 cover being especially classy. Are those guys perfect? No. Do I agree with some of the criticism? Yes. But it does become a bit much to hear Jerry, of all people, constantly go on about other sellers' "ripoff" prices and other collectors' "garbage" art. IMO, turnabout is fair play for anyone who is that hypercritical.

But, point taken. In the spirit of the season, I'll move on. Happy holidays to all (even you, Jerry).

Bro - why can't you let it die? Seriously - you are just talking nonsense now. This has been buried now and you keep rehashing it?

I don't like the art to #40. I think it is terrible. Personally I love the art to 39. So what it doesn't have a major character - its a beautiful piece and I regret selling it - which if I remind you, was nearly 6 months ago for what I thought was a very aggressive price-point. I wish I could buy it back, but I cant..

If you want to talk specifics - obviously the quality of art is in the eye of the viewer, but I truly believe 39 is a lot nicer -- but in any event - you are comparing apples and oranges -- so what I sold it on ebay? So what I called it a really nice piece? I truly believe it is...you can have thoughts that are negative about it...I wouldn't berate you about it. If you think 40 is nicer than 39, GREAT.

I don't go off on sellers and artwork and just talk smack about work for no reason - It's obvious I am passionate about artwork and TWD - I talk about whatever is on the thread. Sometimes its negative, if I feel that way - but lots of times its positive and I feel I contribute to the thread and the OA community.

You like to focus in on very specific and very pigeon-holed areas of my postings and online activities...You are like a stalker bro.. I wish there was a "history" of my posts - so I could shut you up about me being all negative.

With that said - why don't you come say hi at the next con you go to..

If you think 40 is nicer than 39, GREAT.

I have a feeling if you were selling 40 and not 39, you'd think it was better, too.

- It's obvious I am passionate about artwork and TWD - I talk about whatever is on the thread. Sometimes its negative, if I feel that way

That's me as well-- "passionate". It's all good, then, right? After all, I'm just expressing myself freely. Sometimes it's negative, if I feel that way. Oh wait...that only applies to you and no one else.

You like to focus in on very specific and very pigeon-holed areas of my postings and online activities...You are like a stalker bro.. I wish there was a "history" of my posts - so I could shut you up about me being all negative.

Well, "bro" (lol!)...there IS a history of your posts. Click on your ID and select "view posts". Or under "My Stuff" in navigation area, select "My Posts". I didn't say you were "all negative". Just that you're negative a lot about other sellers and other people's art.

With that said - why don't you come say hi at the next con you go to..

So what, we can play Apples-to-Apples? lol!

I go to a lot of cons. Main one is SD this coming summer. And sure, feel free to say hi anytime.

Good lord, that was quick! Page sold! I guess it wasn't as expensive as I thought, lol!

Congrats to buyer and seller. (thumbs u

that page would probably top 5 figures now

I have a feeling if you were selling 40 and not 39, you'd think it was better, too.

Obviously if I am selling a page I would put some puffery to trump up the sale...but I can honestly criticize work that I own - I did so with a zombie panel page and an axe that Rick had in his hand.. Again though - I really don't get what you are trying to prove?

That's me as well-- "passionate". It's all good, then, right? After all, I'm just expressing myself freely. Sometimes it's negative, if I feel that way. Oh wait...that only applies to you and no one else.

I am starting to feel like you enjoy trying to be a guy that gets under people's skin. I ask honestly - do you have friends? Do people like you? Do you have an active social life? I hope you do...If not..think about perhaps some self-reflection..

Well, "bro" (lol!)...there IS a history of your posts. Click on your ID and select "view posts". Or under "My Stuff" in navigation area, select "My Posts". I didn't say you were "all negative". Just that you're negative a lot about other sellers and other people's art.

Yep, I'm from Brooklyn, I use the word "bro" - don't really know why that is funny to you? ...I know about seeing my posts in a row like that - but its annoying to click through to each one without seeing each post open...is there a way to do that?...Though even at this point I really can't be bothered..

So what, we can play Apples-to-Apples? lol!

I go to a lot of cons. Main one is SD this coming summer. And sure, feel free to say hi anytime.

Apples to apples is a great game.

I am starting to feel like you enjoy trying to be a guy that gets under people's skin. I ask honestly - do you have friends? Do people like you? Do you have an active social life? I hope you do...If not..think about perhaps some self-reflection..

This is ironic since I find you to be the least self-aware poster here.

And completely disingenuous, too.

Apples to apples is a great game.

We agree on something! Yes, it is a great game! Even when I'm playing by my own friendless self.

lol!