• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,455 posts in this topic

For the curious ones ;), yes pg 10 was gobbled up by someone in the Skybound family prior to being made public. It happens. I hear they are fans of the book too :)

As far as 12 & 13 I have no idea who Jeff Grimes is but the page was made available to someone that was drawn into the page, prior to the art getting shipped to me. No idea if it is a friend, business contact or otherwise.

I sell what I can when it ends up in the shipment. Even some stuff that arrives in the shipment ends up going back to skybound/Walking Dead tv related people before the issue comes out.

Oh, and Jon is correct in that if you see a page in preview online or are the first collector to drive to their comic shop the morning of the issue's release it is a good idea to contact me as soon as you can about a particular page even if the pages haven't been put up yet. You might not get the page guaranteed to you, but I try to email the interested person when I post the pages up as a courtesy.

Hope that answers your questions :)

Mark Hay

Splash Page Comic Art

www.splashpageart.com

i know that much as i was online when they were posted, i was hoping he had some insider info to share with us :)

Don't think this variant cover for issue 106 has been posted here before, so apologies if it has. According to Bleeding Cool article, it will be limited to 2000 copies. What do you guys think?

521421_10151132025376353_928176523_n.jpg

I want one, any luck on any boardies going there and grabbing a couple

Don't think this variant cover for issue 106 has been posted here before, so apologies if it has. According to Bleeding Cool article, it will be limited to 2000 copies. What do you guys think?

they have them in their ebay store and website

i now understand how those that dont like WD see a lot of WD threads on the boards.

enough about ASM 700 already

There has been only two important issues since I stop reading Marvel Comics since ASM #328.

ASM #36 (9/11 Issue)

and

Ultimate Spider-man #1

Pretty much in the last 15+ years Marvel and DC (not vertigo) have just been filler junk with no substance or long-term collect-ability.

Image is really the only company with any relevance since 2000 with new characters and ground breaking new & exciting storylines.

I think that cover is horrible IMO. Who is that guy holding the shotgun? Is it Adlard? Anyways I'll pass the original cover blows this cover away, again IMO. Horrible.....

Edited by retrothecollector