• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

The Walking Dead #109 Cover

i51-230x350.jpg

2 questions -- why is there a giant dong in the middle? I get that its supposed to be a grave..but still..giant dong.

Also - is the top mansion a stat of the OA that appeared in issue ~98?

giant dong.

Does the fact that that grave stone looks like a "giant dong" to you make you like the piece more or less?

Gotta say, "giant dong" never crossed my mind. Then again, I don't instantly think "jizz" when I see a splotch on a cover, either. Interesting that you do.

Sometimes a grave stone is just a grave stone and a splotch is just a splotch.

You are like a little swamp creature, hunched about, carrying the lantern while you scurry from thread to thread, searching, yearning, hoping to find a post of mine - once you do..your eyes widen, your crooked, broken, yellow teeth appear, you think to yourself my time to shine! as your withered, bony fingers scratch a response out, you think to yourself, my life has purpose now!.

With a roll of my eyes, I will answer you, swamp creature.

Yes - the grave looks like a giant dong. Good on you that it never crossed your mind - same about not seeing jizz. Apparently I have an active imagination - and yep, I have an infantile sense of humor where dong and jizz jokes make me laugh.

However you want to describe it -- I think the gravestone is way oversized, and it takes a bit away from the message of the cover.

Wait! I found out what it is!! I've figured it out!! What a discovery!!!

Here is what was taken out of the cover --- I can't believe it!

i51230x350.jpg

NOW the perspective make sense!!!!!!!!!!!

i51-230x350.jpg

2 questions -- why is there a giant dong in the middle? I get that its supposed to be a grave..but still..giant dong.

giant dong.

Does the fact that that grave stone looks like a "giant dong" to you make you like the piece more or less?

Gotta say, "giant dong" never crossed my mind. Then again, I don't instantly think "jizz" when I see a splotch on a cover, either. Interesting that you do.

You are like a little swamp creature, hunched about, carrying the lantern while you scurry from thread to thread, searching, yearning, hoping to find a post of mine - once you do..your eyes widen, your crooked, broken, yellow teeth appear, you think to yourself my time to shine! as your withered, bony fingers scratch a response out, you think to yourself, my life has purpose now!.

With a roll of my eyes, I will answer you, swamp creature.

Yes - the grave looks like a giant dong. Good on you that it never crossed your mind - same about not seeing jizz. Apparently I have an active imagination - and yep, I have an infantile sense of humor where dong and jizz jokes make me laugh.

However you want to describe it -- I think the gravestone is way oversized, and it takes a bit away from the message of the cover.

Bahahahahahahaha!!!!!! :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Here we go!!!! It does look like a GIANT DONG! But the Pisa is awesome!!!!

In my ~20 years on the internet, this is by far the most eloquent, detailed, #1 NY Times best-selling author type writing of a rendering of calling someone a troll I've ever read. I <3 you.

Edited by roastedbagel

i51-230x350.jpg

giant dong.

lol

That's pretty good. I'm pretty sure, though, that Charlie Adlard would find you to be the same little swamp creature as you can't wait to jump on his art to nitpick and look for (imagined) homoerotic imagery.

If I'm a little swamp creature, then you're a less talented Pauly Shore. Congrats.

In my ~20 years on the internet, this is by far the most eloquent, detailed, #1 NY Times best-selling author type writing of a rendering of calling someone a troll I've ever read. I <3 you.

<3 ditto.

Here are high res scans of some pretty cool artwork you folks might enjoy:

walkingdeadissue02page0.jpg

walkingdeadissue02page0.jpg

Would it be sacrilege to splice the two pages together? There really isn't much going on outside of the artwork on either page..

edit -- also would it be so bad to take a white-out pen to get rid of Chad's name? Personally...I don't think the value would go down..thoughts?

Edited by Jerry S