• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

WD would do well to focus more on the core theme of the series...survival in a post-apocalyptic world

Wasn't that more the "year one" theme though? Obviously it's still relevant, but there's a definite thematic shift towards society building now.

The majority of the characters now are experienced survivors - see how rarely people are getting killed by zombies (I can't remember which issue the last zombie death was in).

Also no sure what you mean by "would do well" to - the series is more popular now than it's ever been!

Arrrgh Zombies --> Arrrgh Shane --> Arrrgh Zombies --> Arrgh Prisoners --> Arrrgh Governor --> Arrrgh Zombies --> Arrrgh Hunters ---> Arrrgh Zombies --> Arrrgh Bandits --> Arrrgh Zombies .... wait a minute we are actually realising the zombies are not so much of a threat and we are generally stronger (especially armed) --> Arrrgh Negan --> Sudden prospect of a lot of ammo?

Granted you can't really do it justice by boiling it down like that. It's difficult to see where else this is going. If anything happens to Andrea then is that a similar plot to where things went with Lori?

Also there doesn't seem to be much reason to leave Alexandria or Hilltop if Negan bites the big one.

Would like to see a traitor in the midst scenario happen or perhaps Negan thinking he has to deal with Rick and dumping him somewhere left for dead. Getting seperated from the group like that would be a nice direction... then recovering and building up to a Rocky like comeback!

WD would do well to focus more on the core theme of the series...survival in a post-apocalyptic world

Wasn't that more the "year one" theme though? Obviously it's still relevant, but there's a definite thematic shift towards society building now.

The majority of the characters now are experienced survivors - see how rarely people are getting killed by zombies (I can't remember which issue the last zombie death was in).

Also no sure what you mean by "would do well" to - the series is more popular now than it's ever been!

do well meaning would draw me back into it :insane:

...would love to see a society getting built already...less negan ..more rebuilding...more of a focus on life after the zombies..would love to see WD focus more on exploring the rest of the map?...more missions on discovering other (FRIENDLY) groups..

or maybe WD needs a more serious spin-off :)

I like the WD story and i'm all in for where it goes from here.

I think the book peaked the first 50 issues but it was still enjoyable. I've never stayed with a run like this so I can't bash it. I've always been a superhero guy and those stories were mostly formula. Not one continuous story.

Negan i'm not overly impressed with but I have to believe there is much much more to this situation they are in now. The twists are coming I feel.

I think the book peaked the first 50 issues but it was still enjoyable. I've never stayed with a run like this so I can't bash it. I've always been a superhero guy and those stories were mostly formula. Not one continuous story.

Negan i'm not overly impressed with but I have to believe there is much much more to this situation they are in now. The twists are coming I feel.

I agree with you a 100% everything you just said sits true for me. Yes I am new to reading long term comics, I have read some in the past and have read some graphic novels here and there but never a full run comic story. I love the story and Rob gets me every time. Just when I think something is gonna happen I get thrown for a loop. Negan is not my favorite, he's grown on me very little though. I will always root for Rick he fuc*king kicks as*......And now I'm rooting for Carl. Something big is about to happen.

I agree with you a 100% everything you just said sits true for me. Yes I am new to reading long term comics, I have read some in the past and have read some graphic novels here and there but never a full run comic story. I love the story and Rob gets me every time. Just when I think something is gonna happen I get thrown for a loop. Negan is not my favorite, he's grown on me very little though. I will always root for Rick he fuc*king kicks as*......And now I'm rooting for Carl. Something big is about to happen.

If there's some boardie award ceremony you need to win the award for most enthusiastic. I love talking to you about this stuff, YOU end up getting me more hyped up then I was lol!

Kara just announced on the Twitta that they'll no longer be doing eBay commissions, but will be listing them on their website, Twitta and FB

The same website where you send an e-mail and it takes 4 months for a response? :makepoint: