• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Knocked this up for a bit of fun. It's pretty rough but you get the idea. Let me know what you guys think (thumbs u

Looks cool, especially looks like Apocalypse is holding a decapitated head of Magneto. :)

lol that's a great call. I'll add some bloody neck tendons :devil:

How is there not more talk of the comic going on? I guess many people need time to read it.

The first very intense issue in a while and the thread is practically quiet lol .

This next arc, if #112 is anything to go by, could actually be up there with the prison arcs.

TWD got back to its absolute best with #112.

Awesome.

Anyone thinking of giving up on TWD - just go on back to your LCS and buy this issue.

Rick is so - and his only hand is badly injured

I agree.

#112 actually had me left in suspense... I haven't felt that way since the prison,

I have really high hopes for AoW.

Honestly, I had the complete opposite reaction while reading it. To me, what made the old issues great was that anything could happen. Any character could die at any moment. And Kirkman was willing to do that if it made sense in the story. His writing was very brave. It had the feeling like he'll kill anyone and just create more characters.

This was the feeling readers had back then and what made the comic great. Kirkman himself realized this and it was the major reason they have the TV show different from the comic. To recapture that feeling readers had of anyone could die, while watching the WD TV shows.

As I read this issue. I thought the same thing as the comments I've quoted below. This is nothing like the old days like the prison arc. Because I knew Kirkman wasn't going to kill Negan. I never even thought he was in danger. As I was reading it and Rick made his decision I immediately thought why didn't he just shoot him? That would have made sense. And how are they going to end this issue without killing anyone? I know he's getting away because they are doing a big event.

Now it seems like a major character is on the chopping block. But odds are it will happen in the new issue with 11 covers to get people to buy all the copies. That doesn't feel like The Walking Dead.... it feels like a Marvel comic... :pullhair:

Here's a question about the events of #112:

If Rick intended to kill Negan, why not do it inside the gates of Alexandria? It makes no sense at all to let them out in their truck - Andrea could have missed, they could have driven off, and Rick and crew would have had no chance of catching them on foot.

I appreciate that he didn't know that they had armed backup outside. But he thought that there were 8 unarmed guys inside the gates - so why not just kill them there? Two or three Alexandrians with guns - in fact probably just Rick and Andrea on their own - could have taken them out no problem.

Snap decision? I read into it that Rick was pretty thrown by Negan being there unexpectedly and dealing with what had happened to Spencer. Don't have a copy here, but did Rick have a chance to break off and get backup inside the gates because it didn't seem like he was prepared to confront Negan and just walked up to him and faced off at the time.

Just another "Damnit Carl Rick!" moment :):cloud9:

Or...

Why did Andrea choose to shoot the driver and not just take out Negan in the front seat?

That would

negate the need for the "All Out War" arc lol

I'm really sorry you feel that way.

But I thought that the aftermath of 111 being on the opening pages and Negans constant 'prodding' of Rick was great.

There is only 1 conclusion for me out of all this.

Rick will die during AoW.

Don't know why - but I just have a hunch, with Andrea taking over until Carl is a little older.

I agree with Ryan. I don't feel any of the other characters are strong enough to carry the book and/or the team forward - other than Carl.

I love TWD, but this book will absolutely flop if Rick ever dies.

I think we're actually seeing a nice set up (quote me!), where Rick may be captured, and the other characters are forced to become a little stronger. I'm thinking they rise up a ton and finally fill out a much needed supporting cast. Rick dying is just the nail in the coffin for the book. Michonne barely speaks, Andrea isn't that strong, Carl is decent, but he's a teenager, Jesus is still too fresh, and everyone else I'd have to stretch myself to even remember their name.

I agree if for no other reason than if I were Kirkman, I wouldn't kill the cash cow that is Rick. Andrea and Carl would have nothing except their own lives to lose with Rick gone and I think characters with nothing left to live for except living are boring.

I would compare it to taking Max out of Mad Max. Lots of people dying and nobody cares. 2c

I still got a hunch, and Rick now is

effectively crippled - his one hand is shot to pieces.

Carl's 14 - he's already killed, both Zombies and humans. he is physically and emotionally crippled.

Just like Rick.

By the time the AOW arc is done - he will be 15.

I love Rick - but things will have to change.

Look at Glenn - in it since ep #2 and now practically forgotten.

The next 10 issues will set the tone and direction of the book for the next 5 years.