• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

no way

Exactly ....NO WAY

\\

+1

Why no way? Kirkman has said on multiple occasions that Rick is not guaranteed to survive to the end of the story.

It's hard to see any of the other characters becoming strong enough to carry the book on their own while Rick is alive - unless we jump forward a few years in story terms.

Maybe that is something we'll see play out in All out War . . . the emergence and/or development of a character to take over as lead and the death of Rick. 12 issues is certainly enough to do that in.

it'll happen, but not for a long while.

I agree with TBP. I think Rick gets captured and Carl develops into a leader during Rick's time away. During this time the readers develop an even stronger bond for Carl. Then it will be safe for Rick to die. I say it probably happens right in front of Carl. Something like a beheading.

My 2 pennies.

Edited by awakeintheashes

The best was when Rick cut off Jessie's arm.

But the problem here is that without something that resembles a family unit the characters become unrelatable. Early on there were lots of kids and families and now Alexandria may as well be populated by the Thursday night Applebee's singles crowd.

Heath is uninteresting.

Father Gabriel is where?

Ezekial is new but not that intriguing to me.

Jesus isn't nearly as exciting to me as he is to some

Negan is the most interesting. He is chaotic and I love it.

Maybe the group gets captured. The rest of Alexandria is massacred. And Rick and co have to live under Negan rule for a while. Maybe they will have to massacre Hilltop and the Kingdom. That'd be an interesting story arc.

Edited by awakeintheashes

Now that I think about it, Rick and his group seem too skilled/valuable for Negan to kill them. Why not use them to train and act as an Army, so Negan can sit back and possibly expand an empire. Rick will plot a coup and maybe carry it out. It'd defiantly make for a lot more interesting drama than wondering what the hell that person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed Spencer is planning.

Rick will discover a trunk inside an abandoned building. Inside the truck he will find a stack of WD comic books of #100 and #115 and have a gut busting chuckle. He'll then call Carl over and join in on the laugh fest.

Rick will discover a trunk inside an abandoned building. Inside the truck he will find a stack of WD comic books of #100 and #115 and have a gut busting chuckle. He'll then call Carl over and join in on the laugh fest the Triforce.

Fixed that for you.