• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

I can understand the disappointment but I'd be very interested to know why.

I just didn't want to see you get the book signed and be disappointed. I'll be witnessing at the show as well and I don't know if all CAW's are aware they can't witness Adlard. They also can't witness Robert Kirkman or the Peter Panzerfaust guys. That's alli know. :)

Here's the deal with me and Yellow

you have to have a CGC "witness" SEE IT HAPPEN, or it goes green

So if you collect Autographed comics, that rules out all the deceased people, right off the bat. Also in person autos.

ive been a sports card collector for 30 years. There is a HUGE and thriving "HOF Auto Collectors" fan base. Those autos are authenticated by a third party company. Guess what, Babe Ruth is DEAD, but they can still grade it as authentic.

(lets not talk about "well, theyve "passed" bad autos" of course, nothing is 1005)

Here's the deal with me and Yellow

you have to have a CGC "witness" SEE IT HAPPEN, or it goes green

So if you collect Autographed comics, that rules out all the deceased people, right off the bat. Also in person autos.

ive been a sports card collector for 30 years. There is a HUGE and thriving "HOF Auto Collectors" fan base. Those autos are authenticated by a third party company. Guess what, Babe Ruth is DEAD, but they can still grade it as authentic.

(lets not talk about "well, theyve "passed" bad autos" of course, nothing is 1005)

Very good points.

Excellent argument TBP, but I still like having some books whose signing was "witnessed" by a prestigious third party (CGC) and verified authentic as opposed to taking my chances purchasing a book with a forged signature.

I don't like all my books signed, but if I want a signed book, I def prefer yellow over green... :sick:

Thanks TBP :)

Am I :screwy: for considering it??

I think so, if it comes back 9.4 or 9.6 you are throwing money on fire.

:hi: Chaos, M.D., I hear you, but with the news that Adlard sigs won't be eligible for CGC SS, I have already put the slab back in the box and stored it away. (thumbs u

Interesting, I wonder if the NYCC 115 variant I bought from a forum member being signed by Kirkman and adlard is part of the special signing opp.

I look forward to getting that special variant signed and SS.

I am hoping to meet Tony Moore tomorrow to have him sign my Color WD 1 reprint that came out today.

Edited by Mark 1

The book quality is great, it has a perfect bound spine rather than stapled, so looks like a thin TPB.

It was in with my weekly subs to sarsota. Prob going to be in the big CGC case. Along with cover N, the tyrese special, and a couple other of the 115s I liked. I think the cover with the back shot of michone and her 2 dead friend cover will look nice next to my 19

Interesting, I wonder if the NYCC 115 variant I bought from a forum member being signed by Kirkman and adlard is part of the special signing opp.

I look forward to getting that special variant signed and SS.

I am hoping to meet Tony Moore tomorrow to have him sign my Color WD 1 reprint that came out today.

I plan to ask CGC for clarification but my understanding is that Adlard wants more time to interact with fans so will not do signature series at the signings (Thursday may or may not be an exception).

However, before the weekend (Thursday evening???) he will be signing the signature series books for CGC, If you will not be at the convention all books have to be submitted to CGC before the convention (CGC does not specify what happens for those of us at the convention but I would imply that we might be able to attend the CGC signing session or have the option to drop the books off with CGC).

It also seems that the only way to get Kirkman's signature this year is to drop the book off at CGC for signature series grading and pay an extra $10 for the signature (there is also a prep fee if you do not prep the book yourself (cutting holes in the bag where the signature should go).

Additional feedback on this one would be appreciated.

Edited by Dr Chaos