• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Sheesh,just caught up with this thread and can I also ask that PM's be used? :tonofbricks:

Back to the comic - I liked how Negan mistook Holly for Andrea, something I've also done quite a few times lol

Guys, can you take any discussion about stuff that happens in TWD to PM please? I mean, sheesh. This really isn't the place.

:facepalm:

We get it! You don't like it!

You don't even read it!!

Start your own "Why I don't read TWD thread" and leave the discussion thread to discussion, not dead horse beating.

GO AWAY AGAIN>>>>>

Two random thoughts:

I. I have noticed several people disinclined to purchase AoW art due to the fact that it is separated on two different art boards. The prevalent reason is their desire to own only art illustrated by Adlard in full. What will happen if Gaudiano has his contract renewed and extends his work on TWD? If the series continues to the oft stated goal of 300 issues, it is fully reasonable to expect a different artist to assist Adlard or to replace him entirely.

II. Several people have stated that the rape argument should be taken to PMs, but it is in fact creating more discussion than the ubiquitous single sentence exclamations of "wow", "congrats", or other exultations that take up entire thread pages.

If people simply stop replying to a discussion they believe is beating a dead horse, that discussion will end. I do wonder though how many female participants are present in this thread and if the tone to the discussion would be vastly different if they formed a majority of the fanbase.

Two random thoughts:

I. I have noticed several people disinclined to purchase AoW art due to the fact that it is separated on two different art boards. The prevalent reason is their desire to own only art illustrated by Adlard in full. What will happen if Gaudiano has his contract renewed and extends his work on TWD? If the series continues to the oft stated goal of 300 issues, it is fully reasonable to expect a different artist to assist Adlard or to replace him entirely.

II. Several people have stated that the rape argument should be taken to PMs, but it is in fact creating more discussion than the ubiquitous single sentence exclamations of "wow", "congrats", or other exultations that take up entire thread pages.

If people simply stop replying to a discussion they believe is beating a dead horse, that discussion will end. I do wonder though how many female participants are present in this thread and if the tone to the discussion would be vastly different if they formed a majority of the fanbase.

wow, congrats, +1 :)

i dont mind the two boards - charlies pencils are tight and stefano's inks are done well and mimic charlies form nicely

i wonder how long till we see them starting to split on ebay and see what the price for each half goes for?

also i wonder how long till every piece on WD becomes "make offer" but thats a different story.

Two random thoughts:

I'll will agree entirely about the second thought you have. I have tried to ignore this "user" and I am at fault for replying to said "user". If we all just ignore, then a possible end is near. :wishluck:

More thought is required for the first "thought" you have posted. That one is a doozy, and requires much thought before post. brb soon lol

Ok I'm back.

I Love the new pages and inker! Gaudiano compliments Adlards pencils so well. And the 11 x 17 pages are super cool and big!! You can see so much detail. Seeing the pencils from Adlard just shows the rawness of his ability. Now I know what it looks like before the inks come into play. Just like when Adlard sketched the Rick for me at NYCC, you can still see the pencil. I love it so...... :cloud9:

I wouldn't mind if Gaudiano stayed on for some more issues after this arc, plus we'd/I'd have no control over it anyways. lol

Yea I'd like to see the market for the pages being split up. But I don't see why anyone would do that. I wouldn't split any pages up.

Gaudiano was brought on because of his skills not just because Adlard needed help, he now is apart of the WD, just like Cliff and Tony.

KEEP EM COMIN Kirkman, Adlard, Cliff, & Gaudiano!!!!!!!

GO AWAY AGAIN>>>>>

Seriously man, Wheaton's Law.

This. If it was once an interesting discussion, that time has passed.

I think in order for it to be beating a dead horse, people need to have understood the point first. Unfortunately, based on the fact that people keep arguing against things I haven't even said, the discussion hasn't really been able to go anywhere. I'll say something like "I have a problem with the way rape was used as a plot device" and then I get a response like "No! TWD does not cause men to be rapists! How can you not like pancakes??? Troll!!".

I can guarantee that the discussion would be vastly different if women were the majority in this discussion. What does that say I wonder?

While I am far from the only person participating in this discussion, I am the only one being told to stop it, go away, or to take it to PM. I also wonder what that says.

And for the record, when I first mentioned issues I had with this particular plot in TWD I said I didn't really want to get into a debate about it. The issues I mentioned could have been ignored but other people chose to continue with it and the discussion began.

Seeing the pencils from Adlard just shows the rawness of his ability. Now I know what it looks like before the inks come into play.

Fully agree in this regard. One of the aspects that always drew me to original art was the artistic collaboration and creative process. The ability to see the underlying blue-line and pencil remnants contribute to the overall "team" aspect of a piece. It would have been preferential to have both of the artists working on the same art board but with print deadlines it is understandable why they chose the blue-line method.

I did notice that Gaudiano adds very significant detail for zombies and backgrounds. The details in the art harken back to the pre-Issue 48 days. If only the pricing did likewise.

I can guarantee that the discussion would be vastly different if women were the majority in this discussion. What does that say I wonder?

I probably wouldn't be interested in reading the thread? (shrug)

All kidding aside, are people tired of discussing how rape was portrayed in the Walking Dead comic? Trying to catch up on what we are discussing here.

Ok a little history before I post the epicness!!!!

WD #115 B&W variant, I bought this at a LCS at the midnight release. When I got it it had very subtle ticks along the spine, you could only see by holding at an angle. Definitely thought it would be a 9.6, but I'm not a grader.

WD #19 Bought this raw off eBay for real cheap and you know eBay and buying raws.

WD #114 (the one I'm excited most about) I bought this at the LCS along with 2 others, and read one. I then marked the back of the board of the one I read. Before subbing I made sure to look at the other 2 to make sure to pick the best one to sub.

WD #3 Bought this raw off eBay and again, buying raws off eBay is a rough throw of the dice.

WD #1 B&W convention edition.... This one my awesome friend and fellow boardie Those Back Pages got for me at NYCC 2013, because I was late and they were all sold out. Thanks again Eric, NYCC 2013 just keeps on giving!! (thumbs u

i saw it. Always glad to help friends out when i can :)

as awesome as the 9.9 is, im more impressed with the #3 9.6 ;)

Me too!! I am seriously surprised about the #3 and #19. Man it's been a rough month waiting for these grades. lol

I need to go and find out what I paid for the #3, I forgot.