• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Two random thoughts:

I. I have noticed several people disinclined to purchase AoW art due to the fact that it is separated on two different art boards. The prevalent reason is their desire to own only art illustrated by Adlard in full. What will happen if Gaudiano has his contract renewed and extends his work on TWD? If the series continues to the oft stated goal of 300 issues, it is fully reasonable to expect a different artist to assist Adlard or to replace him entirely.

II. Several people have stated that the rape argument should be taken to PMs, but it is in fact creating more discussion than the ubiquitous single sentence exclamations of "wow", "congrats", or other exultations that take up entire thread pages.

If people simply stop replying to a discussion they believe is beating a dead horse, that discussion will end. I do wonder though how many female participants are present in this thread and if the tone to the discussion would be vastly different if they formed a majority of the fanbase.

I like the new blood Gaudiano has added to the mix. I have only be collecting for about a year. Really don't know much about other art or artist out there. But slowly I'm starting to get my own taste of what I like in the WD OA. Not sure but IMO seems like this gives Charlie more time to work on the pages. Since he is just one part of a two part process. I also think it just changes thinks up a little. Seems like when I started collecting a lot of the work had become rushed. Not all of it, but enough. I really have grown to like Moores part as well. I have always thought it would be cool to have a different artist do a issue or two. If that was too much maybe have a few artist do a remake of issue 1. From front to back with the way they would do it. I know,I know how many issue 1's do we need? But I would buy it just to check it out from the eyes of another artist. But back to you thoughts.....I like the new art.

Edited by James J

Picked this up last night. Figured it was a bargain considering it's a decent zombie page, has Rick, Michonne and Carl, and is 100% Charlie.

Nice grab...........I was looking at this one on CAF for a long time.

Its cool.... (thumbs u

I'm not sure but its kind of crazy :insane:

Has anyone not really looked at the art but instead was looking at the moment in the book and bought the OA? I have and I tell you I got some ugly ones lol

But it was not the art but the feeling in the comic I bought.

Two random thoughts:

I. I have noticed several people disinclined to purchase AoW art due to the fact that it is separated on two different art boards. The prevalent reason is their desire to own only art illustrated by Adlard in full. What will happen if Gaudiano has his contract renewed and extends his work on TWD? If the series continues to the oft stated goal of 300 issues, it is fully reasonable to expect a different artist to assist Adlard or to replace him entirely.

II. Several people have stated that the rape argument should be taken to PMs, but it is in fact creating more discussion than the ubiquitous single sentence exclamations of "wow", "congrats", or other exultations that take up entire thread pages.

If people simply stop replying to a discussion they believe is beating a dead horse, that discussion will end. I do wonder though how many female participants are present in this thread and if the tone to the discussion would be vastly different if they formed a majority of the fanbase.

I like the new blood Gaudiano has added to the mix. I have only be collecting for about a year. Really don't know much about other art or artist out there. But slowly I'm starting to get my own taste of what I like in the WD OA. Not sure but IMO seems like this gives Charlie more time to work on the pages. Since he is just one part of a two part process. I also think it just changes thinks up a little. Seems like when I started collecting a lot of the work had become rushed. Not all of it, but enough. I really have grown to like Moores part as well. I have always thought it would be cool to have a different artist do a issue or two. If that was too much maybe have a few artist do a remake of issue 1. From front to back with the way they would do it. I know,I know how many issue 1's do we need? But I would buy it just to check it out from the eyes of another artist. But back to you thoughts.....I like the new art.

There is a huge improvement to the final published page, IMO. However, I won't buy any of the OA. Two boards is just too complicated. It seems like neither piece is complete. Both are halves to a whole.

Edited by Claudio

Ok here it is!!!!!! My first 9.9 I ever got (so far) by subbing my own books!!!!!!

And it's the only one on the census!!! :banana:

Merry Xmas CGC!!!! Thank you!!!!

ScreenShot2013-12-06at53223PM_zps37409bb2.png

:applause:

That's gotta be an awesome feeling!