• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,455 posts in this topic

I'm all about being pushed as a reader, but I just don't see the story sustaining itself without Rick.

This has even concerned me regarding the TV show. Let's say they get 3-4 more seasons, plus this new spinoff. The show is going to start outpacing the book in regards to story lines, and I'd imagine we'd see some type of resolution or ending when the series concludes at a point when we're barely over 200 issues.

This is all within the context of the book keeping the same format. It's such a massive cash cow for Image/SkyBound, that I'm sure we'll start seeing spinoff titles and the overall growth of the WD universe. I'm OK with them doing this, but we all know it may be good, but it won't be the same.

All the more reason why pre-100 (and really pre-48) art will be coveted down the road.

I'm all about being pushed as a reader, but I just don't see the story sustaining itself without Rick.

This has even concerned me regarding the TV show. Let's say they get 3-4 more seasons, plus this new spinoff. The show is going to start outpacing the book in regards to story lines, and I'd imagine we'd see some type of resolution or ending when the series concludes at a point when we're barely over 200 issues.

This is all within the context of the book keeping the same format. It's such a massive cash cow for Image/SkyBound, that I'm sure we'll start seeing spinoff titles and the overall growth of the WD universe. I'm OK with them doing this, but we all know it may be good, but it won't be the same.

All the more reason why pre-100 (and really pre-48) art will be coveted down the road.

:cloud9:

I'm sorry guys maybe I'm not the true fan I claim to be...... Cause I have never seen this before. :eek:

Can anyone tell me please, where this "pilot" story is located in one of the books?

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/The_Walking_Dead_Pilot

It's in the recently released 10th anniversary issue #1. I think it was also in the collectors edition of #1 (the one with the cover swipe of #50)

I'm sorry guys maybe I'm not the true fan I claim to be...... Cause I have never seen this before. :eek:

Can anyone tell me please, where this "pilot" story is located in one of the books?

It's in the recently released 10th anniversary issue #1. I think it was also in the collectors edition of #1 (the one with the cover swipe of #50)

Oh nice!!! See I don't read them cause they're to delicate and they all need to be 9.8's ...... lol j/k

I got like 3 of the color #1's ima bust one open and take a gander. Thanks niko!!

Oh nice!!! See I don't read them cause they're to delicate and they all need to be 9.8's ...... lol j/k

I got like 3 of the color #1's ima bust one open and take a gander. Thanks niko!!

I always buy multiples of deads so that I have one to read... And even that one I hold delicately haha

There's also a pretty cool interview with Kirkman and Eric Stephenson (in the 10th Anniv) where he talks about how he pitched the story to Image and how he lied about the plot to sell it! lol

Just go this back yesterday. Marc Silvestri was doing free sketches at Comikaze in Los Angeles. Waited in line forever but it was definitely worth the wait. One of the most down to earth and friendliest artists I've ever met.

silvestri2.jpg

Just go this back yesterday. Marc Silvestri was doing free sketches at Comikaze in Los Angeles. Waited in line forever but it was definitely worth the wait. One of the most down to earth and friendliest artists I've ever met.

silvestri2.jpg

WOW!!!!!!! VERY VERY NICE!!!!!! CONGRATS! :o(worship)

silvestri2.jpg

How did you get that witnessed. (shrug)

silvestri2.jpg

I got the guy from CGC to come by and wait in line with me. There were 2 other people that wanted their sketches graded also so he had time to waste :-)

silvestri2.jpg

I got the guy from CGC to come by and wait in line with me. There were 2 other people that wanted their sketches graded also so he had time to waste :-)

Awesome.

doh! I was thinking Comikaze was a store. There's one called that in San Diego.

Edited by Awax