• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

#1 Cover for me all day long!!! They can keep their collection and drool over the #1 cover I have!!!

MOAR DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!

I just spent the last 2 hours switching all my books into mylites2 and FB ......OMG my back is killing me.

But I still love me some dead!! yum yum yum yum yum

pssssssst guess what? i love the walking dead just in case you forgot

lol:shy:

I actually think the Nowell Brothers best piece is the Gov splash with the heads in the fish tanks. Awesome piece

I recall my surprise the day this piece appeared on Splash Page Art. $1700 seemed like an extremely large amount at the time. Of course that is an incredible bargain in the present market, but the piece is not easily displayable in a family setting.

If the choice was to be made between the first issue cover or an entire collection of 20-30 covers from the early Adlard issues, for my taste it would be an easy choice to go for the latter. Usually, I would choose "quality" over quantity. This situation would instead be akin to a museum choosing between The Mona Lisa or a selection of numerous fairly famous works by Renaissance artists. This cover is a grail image for the majority of Dead fans so they would gravitate towards it the same way most anyone would choose The Mona Lisa as a definitive art piece. I equate it to the Watchmen 1 cover, a famous image but one that does not convey the regality of the series and storytelling, thus the numerous other covers would create a better viewing experience for me.

Where does this guy get all his money from?

What is hard work, effort and drive for $500 Alex.

Jim

Eek. Where was that one posted?

It was a while back. He was just curious cause of all the cool WD stuff James owns. It's all good.

It's James and the Nowell Brothers' world. We're just living it in.

I totally agree, I wanted to live in that same world and then I hit a road bump on the way. That's why I bounce PM's and emails with both every second day.

Although I'm rooting for James :wishluck:

Jim

Hey guys, I haven't been posting for a while, but I was the member who grabbed the Heros Initiative blank.

I thought it was shown 10 pages or so that you can get the book graded...

I'm not sure if it was labeled that it's a hero book, but you can get it SS.

I'm not sure if I would get it blue label or get it SS later on.

I think I'll just wait and see how many more come out of the wood work...

Hey guys, I haven't been posting for a while, but I was the member who grabbed the Heros Initiative blank.

I thought it was shown 10 pages or so that you can get the book graded...

I'm not sure if it was labeled that it's a hero book, but you can get it SS.

I'm not sure if I would get it blue label or get it SS later on.

I think I'll just wait and see how many more come out of the wood work...

CONGRATS NINJAH!!! :applause: Was watching it, glad a boardie got it. Keep us posted as to what you do with it.

Me....I'd get a sketch on it.....

I'm gonna talk to some higher ups at cgc and try to reach out to Heros Initiative and see what I can do with the book.

If I can get it graded SS with the Heros branding, I will be getting sketched for sure...

I already have the artists I want lined up...

If not, I will try to grade it Blue label,

I will keep everyone posted on what happens with the book.