• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

im worried about Rick :(

I am too brother. That's why I'm trying to figure out things. I'm gonna be home soon and I'm gonna start rereading the trades. I'm just trying to determine if ratings would drop from the show if Rick passed in the books soon.

I like hearing all the theories…I know that someone is gonna bite it at or by the end of this arc…someone important, that is. Glenn-level if not higher. I don't think Michonne is going any time soon…would not bet on her at all. I hate to see Rick go but there are tons of ideas that could carry on the book without him. You gotta think that this is the world they're in now…there are probably tons of groups around that could have awesome characters just waiting to come into play.

Eventually I think Carl will lead the group. The show is really playing him up, anyway. I'd rather Carl take out Negan (if Negan gets to be taken out, that is) over anyone else. Michonne takes out too many for it to be her. Maggie seems too obvious. Of course, Shiva could return at the end of part 12 and in one awesome panel take out Negan.

Think about it…we never did see a body! :banana:

James-- do you ever just stare at the #27 cover? I would legit just look at it. Like, all day.

lol I would too! I find myself staring at my art a lot too.

im worried about Rick :(

I am too brother. That's why I'm trying to figure out things. I'm gonna be home soon and I'm gonna start rereading the trades. I'm just trying to determine if ratings would drop from the show if Rick passed in the books soon.

I like hearing all the theories…I know that someone is gonna bite it at or by the end of this arc…someone important, that is. Glenn-level if not higher. I don't think Michonne is going any time soon…would not bet on her at all. I hate to see Rick go but there are tons of ideas that could carry on the book without him. You gotta think that this is the world they're in now…there are probably tons of groups around that could have awesome characters just waiting to come into play.

Eventually I think Carl will lead the group. The show is really playing him up, anyway. I'd rather Carl take out Negan (if Negan gets to be taken out, that is) over anyone else. Michonne takes out too many for it to be her. Maggie seems too obvious. Of course, Shiva could return at the end of part 12 and in one awesome panel take out Negan.

Think about it…we never did see a body! :banana:

i can see Carl leading, but.... He's still too young and hasn't done as much as Rick has done in terms of "things you have to do to survive"......He'd have to reach that point in order for me to like him as a Leader. 2c

Yes way, killed by Jesus who turns out to be Negan's inside guy.

Jesus = Saviors. hmmm hmmm hmmm ( Ted Knight "Caddyshack" voice) :D

I could see this. Maybe Jesus is Kayser Soze?

I think someone (might have even been me) posted something about Jesus being fishy. Dwight or someone said something like "notify Paul's [Jesus' real name] group" a while back and we've not heard boo peep about Paul's group since then. I forget the issue number and circumstance.

Jesus gave Ezekiel a glance around 113 after Rick did some speechifying. I took it as a "it's easier to get rid of Rick after he knocks off Negan" look instead of a wtf look.

Kirkman has said this will be a vastly different book after AOW. I've taken that to mean that Rick buys it but it would be even more shocking if Rick and Michonne got it.

Ok so I just finished reading 91-102.

I found the page where one of the Saviors mentioned "Paul". He says that he's heading to tell "Paul" "His group is the farthest" Issue #100 Page 1

Now he could be going to tell Paul aka Jesus, and his group considering the fact that "Kav" is in Jesus' group and Jesus is probably a way better leader. But I don't think so cause Jesus finds out about Kav being a spy for Negan.

Also after the Glenn "incident" (RIP), Rick goes back to the Hilltop to confront Gregory about Negan. So maybe the Saviors guy did get there first or after Rick leaves.

Is it possible? Could there be 2 Paul's? Has there ever been the same name said about 2 different people before in the whole story. Coincidence or not?

Maybe I need to read more.

I'm scared. :fear:

IMG_9856_zps8f68cc11.jpg

So I packing some old stuff up and I came across a sketch book I took to my first few trips to SDCC. I thumbed through it and to my surprise I came across this awesome sketch done at the DC booth back in 2003 by some guy that that makes a living drawing zombies now ...

image_zpscce0df3b.jpg

PTI-- just a heads up since I know some of yinz guys love OA, I just put up a few pieces, including a nice early WD page on eBay from issue #16 (auction!). Sorry for the spam, but figured I could sneak one in since it relates a leetle bit, and this is essentially the OA thread. Just in case you're curious, I'm on the hunt again for another street art piece. Maybe Mark from SplashPage can work on that?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7455112#Post7455112

Back to your regularly scheduled program!

THE WALKING DEAD #127

story: ROBERT KIRKMAN

art: CHARLIE ADLARD, STEFANO GAUDIANO, & CLIFF RATHBURN

cover: CHARLIE ADLARD & DAVE STEWART

MAY 14 / 56 PAGES / BW / M / $2.99

DOUBLE-SIZED ISSUE FOR ONLY $2.99! In the aftermath of “ALL OUT WAR” we discover...A NEW BEGINNING.