• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

Has anyone seen a 9.8 of the 115 midnight B&W sketch cover? Wondering what it sold for...

I'm curious if this book will go up or just fall like most of the other variants I own. :)

I haven't seen one yet, Raws are still going strong at about 160-200 ish. Which is good. I think probably about 2-3 more weeks away from seeing a graded copy though

That sounds about right. I would guess, based on the raw prices, that the 115 Midnight B&W variant will follow the price path of the #100 sketch cover variant, as opposed to following the Comixology Variant, Lucille Variant, of Red Foil Variant.

Follow TBP's advice: wait to buy it, because it will get cheaper. I would say this advice falls true for any WD variants after and including 80. Any variants before that still seem tough to find at a good price.

That sounds about right. I would guess, based on the raw prices, that the 115 Midnight B&W variant will follow the price path of the #100 sketch cover variant, as opposed to following the Comixology Variant, Lucille Variant, of Red Foil Variant.

Follow TBP's advice: wait to buy it, because it will get cheaper. I would say this advice falls true for any WD variants after and including 80. Any variants before that still seem tough to find at a good price.

I'm hoping it's the opposite, since it's 1 per store, I'm hoping the print run is lower and this one will be like the Lucille ( a little harder to get )

I'm hoping it's the opposite, since it's 1 per store, I'm hoping the print run is lower and this one will be like the Lucille ( a little harder to get )

Me too. Was the #100 sketch cover a 1 per store? If not then, then I don't see a major decline. #115 Black and White 1 per store 900 stores participated. So say 1000 print run +/- ??

I got a little confused sorry, I just woke up. I thought we were comparing this book

th_Screenshot2013-10-18at105400AM_zps9198e12c.png

But were talking about this book instead right?

th_Screenshot2013-10-18at105506AM_zps3cb76d4d.png

So if it is the latter, then I see no slowing down for a while. Hell a 100 sketch 9.8 is still holding some value.

edit: I'd say this book th_Screenshot2013-10-18at105506AM_zps3cb76d4d.pngand this bookth_KGrHqFHJCEFJK6WnQyBSWE5dk0w60_57_zpsabf01cbd.jpgare the same in comparison. Just right now the 115 is more sought after.

Damnit we need final print runs!!!!!!

Why isn't there any sites that can give us exact print runs....... hm:idea:

And don't tell me comichron. Been there done that. Trying searching comichron for WD 100 it only tells you exactly how many total were printed It doesn't show you exactly each cover.

We need to know exactly how many each covers were printed. Cover A, B,C,D, sketches, etc.....

Anyone else know?

Edited by retrothecollector

I got a little confused sorry, I just woke up. I thought we were comparing this book

th_Screenshot2013-10-18at105400AM_zps9198e12c.png

But were talking about this book instead right?

th_Screenshot2013-10-18at105506AM_zps3cb76d4d.png

So if it is the latter, then I see no slowing down for a while. Hell a 100 sketch 9.8 is still holding some value.

edit: I'd say this book th_Screenshot2013-10-18at105506AM_zps3cb76d4d.pngand this bookth_KGrHqFHJCEFJK6WnQyBSWE5dk0w60_57_zpsabf01cbd.jpgare the same in comparison. Just right now the 115 is more sought after.

Yep, that is the comparison I meant. Raw 100 sketches started out around 200 if I recall, and now you can pick up a CGC 9.8 for less.

I generally agree though #50 2nd print isn't that hard to find if you are patient. 75 SDCC is pretty easy too.

My rankings from hardest to easiest and I'm including 2nd prints as "variants."

50 Larson

75 Ultimate

75 #1 homage

75 SDCC

50 2nd print

There are always first to market buyers that want things now now now and they more often than not pay the price for it. Even the #1 NYCC B&W doesn't stand a great chance of retaining value past the initial 9.8 sales over time.

As it stands I think more and more people will get more and more bored of having to pick up 20 different variants of the same issue as this trend continues and start either ignoring them or dumping them. They are also heavily bought into by speculators to the scarcity versus demand for actual die hard complete run collectors may not be that imbalanced...

IMHO low print run variants can make the chase fun but too many and too low (e.g. sub 300 print run) and then it may start to kill off the interest of people that can be bothered to do it.

Edited by Garf

everything decreases, juts give it enough time.

enjoy what you collect, we all die sooner or later.

I asked the same they said 1K but who knows still a pretty small print and damn TBP that's some morbid mess. lol