• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

What a crappy issue. I knew I read it before.

governor-walking-dead2-618x400.jpg

Negan.jpg

There will always be villains to compare to...Neagan is much different than the Gov. and I don't really see any similarities beyond it being one guy leading a group of people against Rick and his people. Other than that...completely different stories.

:facepalm:

Oh ya, completely different!

One psycopath, leading a group to Ricks safehaven, having said group attack with military weapons (tanks), vs another psycopath leading a group to Ricks safehaven, having said group attack with military weapons (grenades).

Dude, the similarities here are exhausting. Even raising their arm to announce the slaughter is exactly the same.

I still like the book but you have to be delusional to think these are different stories. He, Kirkman, freaken plagarized himself.

Don't buy it if you don't like it.

Mark dude, come on.

I clearly say I still like the book, etc.

This reminds me of the "Bury Your Head in Sand" South Park episode.

You can pretend these storylines are worlds apart but in reality, the similarities are striking.

spmasm2029.jpg

What a crappy issue. I knew I read it before.

governor-walking-dead2-618x400.jpg

Negan.jpg

There will always be villains to compare to...Neagan is much different than the Gov. and I don't really see any similarities beyond it being one guy leading a group of people against Rick and his people. Other than that...completely different stories.

:facepalm:

Dude, the similarities here are exhausting. Even raising their arm to announce the slaughter is exactly the same.

(tsk)

Ones pointing. The other is making a fist. :grin:

:roflmao:

Awax makes a good point, lol

Erndog did clearly state that he still likes it, just wishes there were less similarities btw the two antagonists. I will agree that the two are similar on the surface, in very broad strokes, but I feel they are different beyond that.

Word for word from CGC :

A handful of them were graded before we were contacted by Hero Initiative and told that blanks were stolen and that only those done by Hero Initiative for their charity are to be graded from this point forward.

I submitted my Hero Initiative 100 Blank Cover to CGC and they refused to grade it. This was the email I received:

"Dear XXXX, We were processing this invoice of 3 books to be graded. I just wanted to let you know that we will not be able to encapsulate the Walking Dead #100 Heroes Initiative blank sketch cover. As requested by the Hero Initiative, these books are only to be graded with sketches done for their charity. These covers are not supposed to be circulated in the market without one of their commissioned sketches, therefore, we will return the book back to you ungraded. If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to call me in Customer Service at the number below. Best, Alexandra Vargas "

I then wrote a letter to them for further explanation:

"Now at this moment I have 25 books of mine being graded at your company. My understanding was that I was having my book graded to determine their condition and encapsulated to protect them. I don't understand how that has anything to do with how the blank cover was acquired. I don't mind having something added that states that this cover was not released to the public or that is was not meant to be available without a sketch but to deny grading just because The Hero initiative says so seem ludicrous. How about The Walking Dead 100 Lucille unsigned edition. That cover was not supposed to be released without the signature of Kirkman, yet it was still released and graded by your company. It seems like denying a book to be graded just because some other organization says so it just plain wrong. I did not think my fees for CGC were to police how books are released to the public but rather to be graded based on their condition and encapsulated to preserve that grade. I really hope you reconsider your decision and we can try to find a middle ground on this situation. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXX"

Then I received the official response from Eric Downtown:

"That book is technically property stolen from Hero Initiative and they asked us not to grade them. As a courtesy for the phenomenal work they do for our industry, we will honor that request.

The Walking Dead Lucille edition copies that were released erroneously were graded only after we got permission directly from Skybound and Robert Kirkman himself.

I am sorry, but we will not knowingly grade something we know to be stolen. If you had a friend that sneaked a book past us then he got lucky, be assured that it will not happen again now that we are aware that these books are out there."

I went so far as to meet with the person in charge of the Hero Initiative in person at Long Beach Comic Con and offered to donate $1,000 (the amount I paid for the book) to their charity since I feel they got cheated out of the profit made by the person who sold the book to me. He refused and said that they will not allow any of them to be graded. Seems so stupid to turn down $1,000 for your charity just because of a huge ego, but I guess that's their official stance. Maybe one day CGC will get off their mighty high horse and realize that its just another variant and just grade the damn thing.

Finally after about a month of waiting and held up in customs, I am pleased to have received my first Governor page issue #47 page 9. First Attack on the Prison!! Woot! Woot! I don't like to post art until I have it in hand. I swear I thought this one was lost in transit. So happens it was one of the ones that got held back in customs, I was so frightened. lol

governorpage_zps658947d1.jpg

They won't grade it because its stolen ? Did they turn it over to the police ?

Funny, at no point did CGC or The Hero Initiative asked for it back since its stolen property. Go Figure .

Yep, not great. I'm sorry you are having to go through that problem.

Funny, at no point did CGC or The Hero Initiative asked for it back since its stolen property. Go Figure .

Yep, not great. I'm sorry you are having to go through that problem.

IMO they came from image employees based on the my emails from Hero.

An (X) employee also emailed me and said he got two copies of the Hero blanks given to him for no reason and it was common to get limited releases. He also said he got 4 unsigned Lucille books that way too.

But anyway there should be a middle ground some where. I think Hero was not aware of Images policy of given books away. And really not sure image should have but its to late now.

Call it the Image Employee limited release Hero as far as I care. The whole thing stinks........all this is just IMO. If anyone wants to correct me on how and why they were given away or stolen please do.

PGX will grade it for you. They will even sketch it and label it an official release. :gossip:

lol

PGX will grade it for you. They will even sketch it and label it an official release. :gossip:

lol

Do you think Vault would do the same? hm:popcorn: