• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,447 posts in this topic

I doubt Beta will last long - looking at the cover to #157 it seems Negan and Alpha are getting really cosy.

I'm guessing Beta gets bumped off by Negan, therby proving he's a worthy No 2.

Kirkman introduces new characters on a regular basis -

#92 - Jesus

#100 - Negan

#108 Ezekiel

#127 - Magna and crew

#132 Alpha

#156 - Beta

Some last for a long time, others not for long. I think Beta will be quite short lived.

I think TWD is going to unveil some HUGE changes, with a major character getting bumped, opening the way for a new 50+ issue 'hero' character.

It's time for Rick to die very soon.....

Rick, Carl, Andrea and Michonne have been around the longest, I think one of them won't survive the Whisperers war and it will be either Andrea or Michonne

Why those two - I'm genuinely interested.

I went with Rick as Kirkman seems to be making Rick appear physically weaker in the last 10 issues.

Maybe I was reading too much into that? (shrug)

That's interesting - I always thought TWD was Carl's story, from boy to man as it were.

A child growing up in a world of the Dead.

2c

You may be right. Time will tell but its starting to look a lot more like Carl's than Rick's at this point.

On a separate note, I didn't really care for the portrayal of Negan in the Image+ book. It seemed a little cliche but with only a few pages, it is probably too early for anything near a final verdict. Anybody else read it ?

To be fair Kirkman says a lot of things, some of them true and some to mislead. If he came out tomorrow and said Rick is the safest character would anyone believe it? I sure wouldn't but some would say I have it here on issue whatever or blog post blah blah he said it so it must be true. He then kills Rick and we all are shocked. lol

Edited by natevegas

I remember wanting Carl to die on the show...he was unbearably annoying.... I'm glad he grew up a little bit in the show. Okay, that's not true he still annoys the hell out of me.... some strange reason I still want to slap him in the comic series.

As far as Rick he seems a lot tougher in the show but of course it hasn't gotten to the new beginning. The frail older Rick I know in the comic now, needs to go. But that's just me.

Carl has mostly bothered me too. The thought of Rick fading away and not going out in a blaze of glory wasn't what I was expecting. I don't want to see Negan as a leader of any group again either. It doesn't make sense that with so many people killing and being killed that someone wouldn't cap this guy. How long would you follow a guy like him ? I'm thinking 1,2,3 BOOM. Negan somehow gets shot in the head. He is the poster child for the bad butter bars and sergeants in Vietnam and elsewhere. 2c

Edited by The Authority

Magna has also been on my mind. Why take the time that they have in developing her if she isn't somehow important to the story ? I thought she was brought in to free Negan but that didn't happen. What if she is with the Whisperers ? Maybe some other group ? How would a group so small survive 7 month on their own ?

Magna sould be the female version of Rick if the Whispers are able to win the war, burn all the communities to the ground, kill Rick and make the survivors of the group flee to the open road again. I could see her taking up the leadership roll if on the road again. I think her group is more in touch of living on the road over the people who have been behind walls for the pass few years.

Rick's not going anywhere, if he did Michonne would step up as the front person to lead this group. Carl has always been given the red herring as the replacement, but Kirkman loves to dangle certain carrot's and take them away when you are not expecting it.

So who is the gal that Eugene has been cozying up to in their conversations over the radio? Any speculation there?

I have been assuming it was a Whisperer getting info. out of Eugene. He's given up info. but not got anything in return, correct?

Carl has mostly bothered me too. The thought of Rick fading away and not going out in a blaze of glory wasn't what I was expecting. I don't want to see Negan as a leader of any group again either. It doesn't make sense that with so many people killing and being killed that someone wouldn't cap this guy. How long would you follow a guy like him ? I'm thinking 1,2,3 BOOM. Negan somehow gets shot in the head. He is the poster child for the bad butter bars and sergeants in Vietnam and elsewhere. 2c

Alpha could kill him.

I don't think Rick sandbagging it would be a big enough of a jolt or quake to the storyline to make readers go "Whoa!" and bring on a whole new path for the story.