• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,447 posts in this topic

I just finished reading it and...

...completely disappointed though not surprised. When are we going to get back to a few shock and awe moments ? Surprise me. Tyrese at the prison was a surprise and so was what happened to him later in the story. Rick's hand loss ? Huge f'n surprise. Lori and the kid ? Abe ? Glenn ? Especially Glenn, all big surprises. Issue 130 was another step in that direction and meeting Alpha was a shock. Walking talkies ? Very cool. Issue #144 made a enormous statement. I'm thinking " major changes on the way " and it looked like it might finally happen. But no....the King Joffrey and Ramsey Bolton-like character, Negan, will not go away. When do the good guys win ? Complete bummer that this guy sticks around for another issue and we lose an interestingly mysterious character.

I've loved this book for years but apparently, it isn't about the good guys anymore. If the story becomes all Negan, all the time, adios amigos. Rick should've killed him. Dwight should've killed him, Carl should've killed him, Alpha and Beta ( though they're weirdos too ) should've killed him. How in the hell did Maggie not kill him ? I'm never shocked or surprised that Negan has become the focal point of The Walking Dead. Hopefully, the next Star Wars will be entirely about Grand Moff Tarkon. Sheesh

I feel the same way. It would be nice to see a strong female villain for a change. Why are they always portrayed as weak? Can you imagine what Negan fans would say if Alpha had killed him? He certainly didn't act like Mr charming when they met, but she refused to let anyone kill him. I am disappointed, but then again I think Negan is overrated anyway.

...completely disappointed though not surprised. When are we going to get back to a few shock and awe moments ? Surprise me. Tyrese at the prison was a surprise and so was what happened to him later in the story. Rick's hand loss ? Huge f'n surprise. Lori and the kid ? Abe ? Glenn ? Especially Glenn, all big surprises. Issue 130 was another step in that direction and meeting Alpha was a shock. Walking talkies ? Very cool. Issue #144 made a enormous statement. I'm thinking " major changes on the way " and it looked like it might finally happen. But no....the King Joffrey and Ramsey Bolton-like character, Negan, will not go away. When do the good guys win ? Complete bummer that this guy sticks around for another issue and we lose an interestingly mysterious character.

I've loved this book for years but apparently, it isn't about the good guys anymore. If the story becomes all Negan, all the time, adios amigos. Rick should've killed him. Dwight should've killed him, Carl should've killed him, Alpha and Beta ( though they're weirdos too ) should've killed him. How in the hell did Maggie not kill him ? I'm never shocked or surprised that Negan has become the focal point of The Walking Dead. Hopefully, the next Star Wars will be entirely about Grand Moff Tarkon. Sheesh

I feel the same way. It would be nice to see a strong female villain for a change. Why are they always portrayed as weak? Can you imagine what Negan fans would say if Alpha had killed him? He certainly didn't act like Mr charming when they met, but she refused to let anyone kill him. I am disappointed, but then again I think Negan is overrated anyway.

It makes me wonder what Beta is going to do when he finds out. He already hates Negan, so killing the woman he loved isn't gonna turn out so good I don't think. Unless Kirkman lets Negan kill Beta and then he takes over the whisperers :facepalm:

It makes me wonder what Beta is going to do when he finds out. He already hates Negan, so killing the woman he loved isn't gonna turn out so good I don't think. Unless Kirkman lets Negan kill Beta and then he takes over the whisperers :facepalm:

Well, technically he's the leader of the Whisperers now since he killed Alpha. But I think one of two things will happen. Either Negan will magically make his way back to Alexandria unscathed to use his get out of jail free "card", or he'll immediately get confronted by Beta resulting in Negan killing him and remaining the leader of the Whisperers.

Well, technically he's the leader of the Whisperers now since he killed Alpha. But I think one of two things will happen. Either Negan will magically make his way back to Alexandria unscathed to use his get out of jail free "card", or he'll immediately get confronted by Beta resulting in Negan killing him and remaining the leader of the Whisperers.

He's going to

use Alpha's head to show the people of Alexandria that he can get mess done. Which will lead them to think he shouldn't be in jail anymore and maybe....possibly...be their leader instead of Rick.

Negan knew what he was doing in telling Rick to raise the Whisperers up as a great enemy. It creates an opening for him to capitalize on Rick's inability to confront the Whisperers. It's all part of Negan's plan.

He's going to

use Alpha's head to show the people of Alexandria that he can get mess done. Which will lead them to think he shouldn't be in jail anymore and maybe....possibly...be their leader instead of Rick.

Negan knew what he was doing in telling Rick to raise the Whisperers up as a great enemy. It creates an opening for him to capitalize on Rick's inability to confront the Whisperers. It's all part of Negan's plan.

(thumbs u Good call.

Now, what are your thoughts on Lydia and Carl? hm

Getting caught up in this thread and finally read it without being spoiled. I get what Kirkman was trying to do as it seemed this issue was on fast forward, but not a total surprise.

As to the testicle hair who spoiled, you could reframe it however you want, but it was evident what your purpose was. My future sale threads will read "No HOS, probationers, and (said testicle hair). "

:roflmao:

He's going to

(thumbs u Good call.

Now, what are your thoughts on Lydia and Carl? hm

At first, I thought she was a mole, but after seeing Alpha's reaction to giving up her child as a way to fit in with their culture, I don't think so anymore. That is not to say Lydia will not play a role in what is going to happen down the road.

I have a feeling Rick's judgment/actions will be called into question by Carl, and Lydia is going to help push Carl to do so. It'll be interesting to see if it's intentional on Lydia's part or if Rick has lost all control and his actions warrant Carl pulling rank on him.

Someone else where just posted the solicitation for 157 amazing what they do to keep things under wraps , I'm curious if the real cover will be any where close or thats just a wash

A comic cover that doesn't portray the content inside? Huh, that will be the day! :preach:

My 2c on the issue...

Can we please stop introducing new and cool characters only to kill them off too quickly?

Ezekiel - awesome, in my opinion, what was the need to kill him off only 36 issues after his 1st appearance (108-144)?!?!?!?i

Shiva - lasted something like 7 issues. Yes, she's a tiger...but still...could have had enormous potential (i.e. Jon Snow & Ghost)

Alpha - meh, but enormous potential depending on how she's played out...132/138 to 156...only 24 issues...could have been Negan's wife and the new 'Beta' or Negan could have been her 'Beta.'

Beta - I hope he doesn't get killed off but potentially could die in 4-5 issues total...if Negan does indeed take over the whisperers...

Rosita - yes, lasted nearly 100 issues (53 to 144) but pregnant with the 'mystery father' - a good, undeveloped, unused storyline...why make her pregnant for 127-144 just to kill her off with no resolution???

Holly - something from like 72 to 116??? Had an awesome 'go against Negan' ending but came back a zombie...why raise her up for an issue to be a cool character just to kill her off so quickly...

The Governor - 27 to 48. One of my all time favorite characters...lasted 2-3 season on the show but barely a glimpse in the comic mythos...same with Rodriguez (much cooler on the show but barely a footnote in the comics)

Brandon Rose - no idea on 1st app as his death was the most relevant - dies 2-3 issues after his father dies due to freeing Negan but could have had more of a role to play in that story....maybe a potential for redemption from Rick? IDK...

Bernie...127 to 127.

This is just my rant...I love the comic, obviously...but when Ezekial bit the dust I thought it was such a waste that it bothered me and made me think of all the other characters who died too quickly...I mean, he was such a cool character, IMO...oh well.

I mean, if Rick can keep going as weak as he is, how do all these other characters die so needlessly?

rantrant

Tune in for next month's episode of The Walking Outrage

OMG nobody died it's so slow / OMG someone died it's so overdone

People reading the TPBs have it so much better.

Its better when the originals are in it imo. No Rick, no Michonne, no Andrea, no Carl, etc. I dislike all the people in the book this time. Maybe that has happened, I can't remember it. Its just hard to get excited about a book with no one to call the good guy. Its like watching AVP or Jason vs Freddy. Who cares who wins ?

Its better when the originals are in it imo. No Rick, no Michonne, no Andrea, no Carl, etc. I dislike all the people in the book this time. Maybe that has happened, I can't remember it. Its just hard to get excited about a book with no one to call the good guy. Its like watching AVP or Jason vs Freddy. Who cares who wins ?

I thought it was a bit refreshing to have an all Negan issue.