• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,447 posts in this topic

Just my own conjecture but one way great way to make a villain memorable is make you hate him so much that you almost stop wanting to be a fan of that series, etc. and unless Kirkman is a complete Sadist, it will be just when he knows his fans have reached this breaking point that he will finally end it.

Problem is, could he lose a lot of readers? I doubt it.

NEGAN IS THE MOTHER BLEEPING MAN!!!!

Having said that,

I'm sure glad I sold both of my 9.8 copies of #138 a month ago. Poor Alpha, oh well at least she lasted longer than Elektra did in Miller's DD run lol

Someone else where just posted the solicitation for 157 amazing what they do to keep things under wraps , I'm curious if the real cover will be any where close or thats just a wash

2v3subb.jpg

I thought Alpha looked a bit dark when that cover was first previewed, maybe it's someone else? Like the highest woman on the totem pole shaves their head? Or Kirkman and Adlard are just sneaky, changed their minds, hell if I know. Boy I wish WD was on a bi-weekly schedule again!

May have to eat my own words because I'd be shocked if she wasn't dead. :)

She's dead, but maybe her twin isnt. hm

It would be very TV show of them to have it actually be her twin sister that was beheaded

hm

Or Lydia shaves her head now and takes the reigns as head Alpha. hm

Lydia wants Negan's head in return. Rick thinks Negan did them a favor and does nothing. Carl gets involved and either a rift is created between he and Rick or something big happens between Carl and Negan. hm

I think the cover signifies that her spectre will hang over the upcoming war or that it starts the war. It'd be like putting a picture of arch duke Ferdinand in a pool of blood on the cover of a book about WW1

Getting caught up in this thread and finally read it without being spoiled. I get what Kirkman was trying to do as it seemed this issue was on fast forward, but not a total surprise.

As to the testicle hair who spoiled, you could reframe it however you want, but it was evident what your purpose was. My future sale threads will read "No HOS, probationers, and (said testicle hair)."