• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

i believe i know the cards of which you speak. they are an "oversize" compared to traditional sized cards and not easy to locate in high grade. i would certainly cash them in for a WD#1

Yup, almost 5x7". Thanks man. Been kicking that thought around in my head since I rediscovered them when I was home for the holidays.

my pleasure. you mentioned youve already sent them in for slabbing. hopefully to PSA, correct?

Yeah. I went the PSA route over BGS. I did some research, since I'm not a card guy, and it seemed like PSA was the best choice since these are not modern cards.

Wasn't as cut and dry as CGC vs PGX

Edited by awakeintheashes

You made the correct choice. PSA has one MAJOR advantage over BGS. The Registry. SUCH a powerful drug. it turns 20 cent cards into $300+ cards if they come back PSA 10.

i know little about PGX, but from what ive learned, they're known to overgrade the books and/or pass off resto's easily. Again, i dont know much about them. BGS is NOT like that (there are other card graders that are however)

So to swing it back on topic... yes you are wise to take something that is not ayour focus, and turn it into a Walking Dead #1

You made the correct choice. PSA has one MAJOR advantage over BGS. The Registry. SUCH a powerful drug. it turns 20 cent cards into $300+ cards if they come back PSA 10.

i know little about PGX, but from what ive learned, they're known to overgrade the books and/or pass off resto's easily. Again, i dont know much about them. BGS is NOT like that (there are other card graders that are however)

So to swing it back on topic... yes you are wise to take something that is not ayour focus, and turn it into a Walking Dead #1

Good to know for the rest of the cards if I ever get through them.

I think the WD#1 is the route I'll take. Thanks again. I figured you'd be the best person to ask and wouldn't think I was nuts like some might, as Ryan mentioned above.

I'll give you two bucks for the Tomjanovich. The high numbers on those are tough as I recall.

Yeah. From what I've learned they were only available 24 at a time through a subscription, so very few people have the complete set because they cancelled midway.

A friend's old Beckett only has them up to series 86. I've got 101 and above, so no idea what I have other than those three cards I mentioned above.

Edited by awakeintheashes

I'll give you two bucks for the Tomjanovich. The high numbers on those are tough as I recall.

Yeah. From what I've learned they were only available 24 at a time through a subscription, so very few people have the complete set because they cancelled midway.

A friend's old Beckett only has them up to series 86. I've got 101 and above, so no idea what I have other than those three cards I mentioned above.

Yeah 100 and higher are tough. There is also a Danny Ainge (baseball/basketball) that used to be worth a little more. Probably not so much now.

Spotted that one.

I was hoping my luck would extend to finding some gems during my visits to the low traffic small town comic shops, but didn't happen. Picked up some WD hardcovers though for a pretty good price

see what did there? back on track.

Now now Ryan - you haven't done too badly last year mate - your sig line would look pretty impressive!

Missing a few:

ASM 1, 50, 121, 129

Hulk 1, 181

TOS 39, 52, 57

X-Men 1, 94, 101

FF 1, 52,

Iron Fist 14

Did get FF 48-50 and Silver Surfer 1 recently, but have a ways to go. That FF48 you got recently was sick (and I haven't forgotten about that avengers 1).

We'll see what happens in five years....

I picked up quite a few books in the last 2 years:

ASM 129

Hulk 1, 181

TOS 39

X-men 1,94,101 (really 1-540)

FF 1, 48

Iron Fist 14

Iron Man 1

Avengers 1, 4

Captain America 100-106

I still have a few on my short list though:

Journey into Mystery 83

Hulk 102

FF 2-12

ASM 1

Amazing Fantasy 15

He's not on the guest list but Adlard and Moore are. Hopefully I can make it.

http://www.emeraldcitycomicon.com/special-guests/

Reedus and Rooker are at Wizard World Portland the weekend before.

http://www.wizardworld.com/home-portland.html

The maturity level of some of this thread has really tanked.

Anyway, does anyone know if Kirkman plans on attending ECCC?