• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay auction's title in listing: Have you ever seen that ?!

13 posts in this topic

Just look at this listing of silvermine (just an example):

Items for Sale by silvermine

893whatthe.gif

Is it new on Ebay US ?

Is it a trick ?

I think they announced this would be happening a few days ago. It's one of their improvements. They're also going to do an ALT Tag thing so when you pass your mouse over a title listing, it'll give more information on the Auction.

More Info:

EBay Subtitles

A new way to make sure your listing gets noticed! Subtitle is the perfect way to tell buyers even more about your item as they browse categories or search listings!

Subtitle offers:

Eye-catching text in addition to the Title on search and listings pages

More space to provide additional details about your item

Subtitle will be available for $0.50 per listing!

heh... (There's even a typo on the page.)

I did notice that since offering the subtitle feature, they have reduced the amount of alpha-numeric characters (I believe to 45), so its really tough now to include in your main title, the title of the comic, the issue number, the grade and any key info (ie. first appearances). By virtue of this change, they almost force all sellers to use the subtitle, because you just don't have enough room in your main title to include any pertinent info.

Anyone else notice this?

I did notice that since offering the subtitle feature, they have reduced the amount of alpha-numeric characters (I believe to 45), so its really tough now to include in your main title, the title of the comic, the issue number, the grade and any key info (ie. first appearances). By virtue of this change, they almost force all sellers to use the subtitle, because you just don't have enough room in your main title to include any pertinent info.

Anyone else notice this?

Joseph...I use Auctionworks and the length of title was always set at 45 a/n characters...I have recently re-lauched some old auctions that had the title length maxed out and they were accepted with no problem.... thumbsup2.gif