• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Undisclosed Restoration from Dealer (Metro)

151 posts in this topic

Originally Posted By: gilbertotorres
i always get my questions responded to by metro either the same day or the next if it is not work hours.

Metro NEVER calls or emails me to answer my questions. I can't remember the last time I got a call from them to answer a question.

Of course, I can't remember the last time I called or emailed them with a question, so maybe that explains it. insane.gif

It pays to be persistent until they get to know you, I guess. I had to email them about 5 times to get a copy of Superboy #68 priced.

Originally Posted By: FFB
i always get my questions responded to by metro either the same day or the next if it is not work hours.

Metro NEVER calls or emails me to answer my questions. I can't remember the last time I got a call from them to answer a question.

Of course, I can't remember the last time I called or emailed them with a question, so maybe that explains it. insane.gif

It pays to be persistent until they get to know you, I guess. I had to email them about 5 times to get a copy of Superboy #68 priced.

The guys at Metro know me. My post was a joke. :banana:

I've seen multiple threads regarding Metro over time and I can only say this... I have never had a problem that couldn't be resolved with them. If I had a book that I found to be restored or came back PLOD from Metro, I have no doubt they would accept a return and get a refund.

When I have had issues with grading, I have always found Vinny to be very accomodating, while not always "happy" with the end result, he has after discussion agreed to my wishes.

I have bought many times from Metropolis without problem. I've never had them fail to disclose restoration that they were previously aware of.

This would seem to be a sure way to NOT gain new customers. That being said, I have always received quick responses to offers or questions. I did purchase two books from them in person at NYCC and found Frank to be very helpfull and easy to talk to. I know Vinny is a nice guy (we've actually met several times many years ago, I wouldn't expect him to remember) and business is business, but I could have done with out the hard sell and persistent attempts at the text book close from Vinny.

Two phone calls, a pm and an email and still waiting on scans to see a book...going on three days now.

R.

zzz

When I get no reply, I have my wife call Frank. I usually have a scan before the days end. :grin:

Originally Posted By: r1970d
Two phone calls, a pm and an email and still waiting on scans to see a book...going on three days now.

R.

zzz

When I get no reply, I have my wife call Frank. I usually have a scan before the days end. grin.gif
Yeah, once you get Frank C.'s email address, things go a lot more swimmingly. As for the hump new customers have to get over, I guess Metropolis can afford that with the quality of their inventory. (shrug)

Yeah, I mean, an outfit like METRO would NEVER miss restoration right? especially on purpose, right? hm

Then again, were not a BUNCH of 'Nick Cage' books bought from METRO as unrestored? only years later with the inception of CGC, then found to be restored???

things that make you go...Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :gossip:

Originally Posted By: comicdonna
 Originally Posted By: r1970d

R.

zzz

When I get no reply, I have my wife call Frank. I usually have a scan before the days end. grin.gif

Yeah, once you get Frank C.'s email address, things go a lot more swimmingly.

As for the hump new customers have to get over, I guess Metropolis can afford that with the quality of their inventory. \(shrug\)

I hear that their inventory is much more vast that the books on their site. I would like to stop in sometime and see what I can find.

Hello,

As a bookstore owner (not comics just audiobooks) I would state that Metro's guarantee policy isn't the only important issue here. Whether they refunded him the cgc fee's or not, the company has to repair one thing: Reputation. And for that reason and that reason alone, they should reimburse the cgc fee's. I, who buy a lot of books, will now certainly never buy from that company for this simple reason. My business thrives on word of mouth, and that alone is the best advertising possible. I do not want to be worried if I buy a raw book from Metro, if it is or not restored.

I of course have never purchased, and am not judging that store one way or the other. I have never dealt business with them. And these opinions are of mine and mine alone. Really sorry about the book.

Nick

Hello,

As a bookstore owner (not comics just audiobooks) I would state that Metro's guarantee policy isn't the only important issue here. Whether they refunded him the cgc fee's or not, the company has to repair one thing: Reputation. And for that reason and that reason alone, they should reimburse the cgc fee's. I, who buy a lot of books, will now certainly never buy from that company for this simple reason. My business thrives on word of mouth, and that alone is the best advertising possible. I do not want to be worried if I buy a raw book from Metro, if it is or not restored.

I of course have never purchased, and am not judging that store one way or the other. I have never dealt business with them. And these opinions are of mine and mine alone. Really sorry about the book.

Nick

Nick, this matter was resolved to my complete satisfaction several months ago. Metropolis remedied the situation and I have bought many books from them since then.