• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matthew McConaughey possible Captain America

50 posts in this topic

I've always thought that this guy would be the perfect Cap, especially after seeing him in the WW2 mini Band of Brothers, but he's also been in movies like Walking Tall & Minority Report:

Neal McDonough

Neal-McDonough.JPG

I could see it. His role in the guardian is a perfect character emulation.

2ni31cj.jpg

That's an interesting point. How will they handle the skinny/scrawny pre-serum Steve Rogers morphing into the buffed out CA. They could get Ed Norton to beef up like he did in American History X, but he's already Bruce Banner. Is it feasible for someone to skinny to get the part and then pack lbs. of muscle on a la Tobey Maguire?

Would McConuaghey be any worse than this?

Captainamerica2.jpg

Is that the movie that Cap picked up the motorcycle, threw it over the 15' fence, had it land on both tires and stay standing up? meh

hm Matt Damon...

smatt03.jpg

I'm not saying this is who I'd choose, but my money is on Damon landing the part.

Prediction made right here!

More importantly... How about Val Kilmer as Thor?

ValKilmer_Barson_5831294.jpg

I always love telling the story of when I was the XO in my Battalion's Rear Detachment, I put his cousin (second or third cousin, I believe) in high-security military prison for deserting. He used to brag how he was related to Val. Didn't really work for him though. :devil:

Fella was a real piece of work--no reflection on Val, of course. lol

I'd be happy with Matt Damon. I don't think his personality would overpower the character.

Toughest guy I've seen on screen in a long time was Daniel Craig in the last Bond movie. Of course he's out of the running purely on principle...

We need Vincent D'onofrio to reprise his role as Thor from Adventures in Babysitting. Unfortunately he's suffering from a fatal case of BDS (and KFC for that matter).