• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matthew McConaughey possible Captain America

50 posts in this topic

sorry if this has already been posted.

"More Avengers Gossip

Nods to Cap'n America in Iron Man and Hulk?

by Orlando Parfitt, IGN UK

UK, May 13, 2008 - We've already had the Samuel L. Jackson cameo at the end of Iron Man and the confirmed appearance of Tony Stark in the upcoming The Incredible Hulk, and now it seems that the crazy cats at Marvel have also included some sly cross-promotional nods to another of their properties – Captain America.

The eagle-eyed folks at ComicBookMovie.com have spotted a couple of references in Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk relating to the Yank hero.

Firstly they report that, if you squint, really hard, you can just about make out cappies shield in the scene where Pepper Potts first finds Stark in his Iron Man suit.

Meanwhile, in the upcoming Hulk, the movie apparently sets up Captain America's origin story. The site claims General Ross will talk about a super soldier project begun during WW2, and show the blue "super soldier serum" used to create the all-American hero.

At present Captain America: First Avenger is slated for a 2011 release, with the project looking for a writer, director and star (though *shudder* Matthew McConaughey has been rumoured for the part)."

I've always thought that this guy would be the perfect Cap, especially after seeing him in the WW2 mini Band of Brothers, but he's also been in movies like Walking Tall & Minority Report:

Neal McDonough

Neal-McDonough.JPG

please god nooooooooooooooo

I would rather see a NO NAME actor to make the character more believable!!!!

Heck...i'd rather see them recast Matt Salinger or Aurthur Pierce.

I've always thought that this guy would be the perfect Cap, especially after seeing him in the WW2 mini Band of Brothers, but he's also been in movies like Walking Tall, Minority Report, among others:

Neal McDonough

Neal-McDonough.JPG

ya know...now that you throw him out there, I agree.

he's not a huge name and generally does pretty darn good with the parts he gets.

Firstly they report that, if you squint, really hard, you can just about make out cappies shield in the scene where Pepper Potts first finds Stark in his Iron Man suit.

ohinew.jpg

ohinew.jpg

Interesting. Thanks for posting, so I don't have to spend anoth $8 to see it.

Cap is the comic book character who holds the most interest for me concerning a prospective movie adaption.

More than any other hero, Cap is who I dream of seeing on the screen.

In my opinion, Cap is the greatest comic book hero ever created.

My wife & I just saw Iron Man, by the way, & loved every minute of it. RDjr made the movie. It is critical that Marvel cast the right actors for Cap, Thor, Pym, etc.

Cap is the comic book character who holds the most interest for me concerning a prospective movie adaption.

More than any other hero, Cap is who I dream of seeing on the screen.

In my opinion, Cap is the greatest comic book hero ever created.

My wife & I just saw Iron Man, by the way, & loved every minute of it. RDjr made the movie. It is critical that Marvel cast the right actor for Cap, Thor, Pym, etc.

I feel the same way, and I got really excited when I got to meet JOE SIMON at this years NYC COMIC CON 2008. :cloud9: