• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage countdown....

348 posts in this topic

the ebay route is for those that don't already know about heritage, etc, I would think

I believe that would be correct. My first Heritage purchase (a Silver Surfer #3 CGC 9.2) came from ebay in 2005, before I knew better to just bid directly on their site.

(thumbs u

Well now that Heritage has made it possible for internet bidders to bid in their live auctions, that really increases your odds of winning! Before that I very seldom won a book from them by just being the top internet bidder on their site. Erik

i was thinking the same thing. doesn't double action #2 go for way more especially in that grade?

Or two guys really wanted the last one, which drive it up and now there isn't another person to compete as strongly. I know the last one seemed to be a surprise, well exceeding the HA estimate.

The overhang will keep the price down some. I'm not quite sure why they state: "This copy is apparently hand-assembled".

http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=007&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=170220139534&rd=1

doubleactioncomics2.jpg

i was thinking the same thing. doesn't double action #2 go for way more especially in that grade?

Or two guys really wanted the last one, which drive it up and now there isn't another person to compete as strongly. I know the last one seemed to be a surprise, well exceeding the HA estimate.

The overhang will keep the price down some. I'm not quite sure why they state: "This copy is apparently hand-assembled".

http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=007&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=170220139534&rd=1

doubleactioncomics2.jpg

Because it is believed to be a married book.

Anyone who WANTS a copy of this book, this is likely your best chance for many years to own one.

"Hand-assembled" is code for the book having a married cover. The interior is original, but it was married to a cover proof that was found in Lloyd Jacquet's estate. That is why there is such a dramatic overhang. If this were an original complete Double Action #2, it would sell for between $50K - $100K. But even this married copy will probably end up higher than the current bid, which, including the BP, is $12K.

Edit: I see Mark beat me to the punch.

"Hand-assembled" is code for the book having a married cover. The interior is original, but it was married to a cover proof that was found in Lloyd Jacquet's estate. That is why there is such a dramatic overhang. If this were an original complete Double Action #2, it would sell for between $50K - $100K. But even this married copy will probably end up higher than the current bid, which, including the BP, is $12K.

Edit: I see Mark beat me to the punch.

(thumbs u

doubleactioncomics2.jpg

Anyone who WANTS a copy of this book, this is likely your best chance for many years to own one.

I could just steal yours :baiting:

doubleactioncomics2.jpg

:gossip: he is in tight with the Gov, I wouldn't recommend it lol

doubleactioncomics2.jpg

Ahhh, who would want mine. It is a restored piece of . :whistle:

It should end up significantly higher than the current bid. I think anything under $20k is still a steal.

What about the Mile High Flash run. I think it is ashame they all came out at once.

Actually they are being spread over two auctions. Most of the earlier numbers, starting with #2, will be in the next Signature auction.

Richard, any reason why they decided to do this? If I were the seller, I would`ve wanted to put the run up all together.

If they were to sell at the same crazy rate as the Green Lanterns and Adventures that would add up to a tremendous amount of dough. There may be some fear that some of the books might suffer if the actual pool of bidders is relatively small.

That would be my thinking also. (thumbs u

Now if that's a temendous amount of dough to extract from the whole marketplace, it's a gigantic amount of money for one person. Any idea what Joe is going to be doing with all this money as if the GL's and Adventures weren't enough for him already.

There was very solid under-bidding on the books and by people who don't normally put up the dough except when primo material like this comes up. The folks going after these are not saying "maybe I should get a spider-man instead of this." It still makes sense to get the premier cover spot and promotion that will come from waiting until the next sale.

Exactly. These are not your normal joes bidding on these books. If the pool of money available for these purchases really was this limited, then it would make more sense to offer 4 or 5 issues each auction. But the clear evidence is that for whatever reason, putting up big runs all at the same time generates the most interest.

If I were the owner, I probably would have pulled the Flashes from this auction, although I'm not sure they really compete with the Kylberg, Williamsport or Toth collections, and put them all together in the next auction, with a request for prominent placement on the cover of the catalog. Anyways, I hope he does well with the 2nd half of the Flash run in this auction.

Well, my bids and Tracks are in....about $17k worth......and I expect to win exactly $0 of that as my Shut-out streak at Heritage Signature auctions will likely continue unabated. :sorry:
:gossip: raise your bids, and you will win

Well, my bids and Tracks are in....about $17k worth......and I expect to win exactly $0 of that as my Shut-out streak at Heritage Signature auctions will likely continue unabated. :sorry:

I'd lose my reputation as a bottom feeder and all around cheap bastich if I did. :gossip:

I'd lose my reputation as a bottom feeder and all around cheap bastich if I did. :gossip:

can't argue with logic that like!

I was not aware of that code. Thanks for the info! (thumbs u