• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blemished CGC holder

12 posts in this topic

I had a customer who bought 7 CGC's from me and he is complaining about a few blemishes on two of the holders. I realize that not every holder is perfect shine and spec free. Its not broken, not scratched just what I would call a few minor blemishes. So minor you can't even see them in a scan. He is just throwing a fit because I had false advertising in my listing. I said send them back for a refund, minus shipping. He wants me to pay shipping bla bla bla. This is UK and they are $30.00 books to start with. Not worth returning obviously. Anyone else been in this postition? I called CGC and they said its not signifigant enough to warrant a free replacement. I don't blame them either.

Sounds like he is being anal...you could offer him $20 to get them reholdered...or you can just shrug it off and move with no further action on your part...

I try to please everyone but at times things get overwhelming when some people just refuse to be satisfied. There is the Big stick hanging over your head of the Negative Punch feedback which will be a non returnable punch soon. I just need to learn to suck it up and not give in. thanks

Man, the reholder thing is a real pain. First off, the holders aren't cracked or very deeply scratched (from what you said) so I'm assuming they're are some faint scratches on it. In that case (no pun intended), I would not offer a return. I'm not sure how much they went for. I know sending 1 CGC book for reholdering in the US is around 24 bucks. That's not including what you spend to send it to CGC. If the book sold for 50 bucks (and that is if the CGC case is cracked or damaged) then I could see refunding 25 bucks. If it went for 25, from my experience I've offered like 11 bucks for the reholdering fee. From the UK, I know the shipping charge is more so it may not be worth it. But this is a case that has a "blemish" a freakin blemish. I've had CGC books come cracked when shipped to me from being graded (as I"m sure have others). In my opinion, I would offer a partial refund for reslabbing and if he wants to return them then I would not include the shipping cost.

You know, I understand about the negative feedback thing. A few days ago, I got a negative from some guy who just wasn't happy because it came damaged and never contacted me (even though he had it for a week). I would've given a full refund including shipping. So there is a chance you can refund the whole amount including shipping and this guy could still neg you. As has been posted before, just wear the negs like a badge of honor. Last time I checked, ebay doesn't give you some kind of free selling ability when you have some long streak of no negs. Well, they might but it still may cost you 50 bucks. If you have 1000 feedback with 2 negs. I don't think people will stop buying from you.

Each book was $30.00 each in the auctions, so the cost of resubmitting does not cover the shipping cost for UK. I even use Meguiars #9 Swirl Remover before I scan them to make sure they are pretty clean. I told him to go to the auto store buy some and fix them himself if he wants ultra sharp cristal clear in every way. I figured I burned $50.00 of my time and energy answering his emails and taking his comments that I just gave him a partial refund to get rid of him. I sent him $30.00 bucks back by Paypal as a partial refund since he is keeping the books. His total order was like $290.00 for 7 CGC's. Now I'm in the cool down mode here on the boards. Whew

ban him from ever bidding again but send him a msg now saying you hope you see his biz soon :D then if he happens to bid on anything again he will be shocked he is banned :D