• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AF 15 CGC 6.0 ASKING $25K? IS THIS REALISTIC OR INSANE?!!

16 posts in this topic

I would say 12,500 to 13K max (and a few others have concured) ...more than 2x guide and there are a LOT of 6.0's in the census, right (shrug)

I sold mine last year for $2500. It was a CGC 4.5 "qualified" with white pages and had slightly trimmed top and side cover edges. I did not know that it was trimmed when I purchased it, but I suspected that it might be, but decided to buy it anyway, for $225.00 in 1992, at Wueen City Comics in Cincinnati. I would say that concerning this book "no way", but then I often get surprised about what some books go for. Wish I had mine back. I WILL get another before I go (and it WILL be buried with me:)

That price is insane. The highest price ever paid for an AF 15 CGC 6.0 is $11,500 and that was about a month ago. Another copy sold in the last 60 days for $8800. Not only will that copy not sell at $25000 I'd be surprised if it gets a single bid at any price.

Good point. My guess is thats probably why Doug agreed to list the book on his site. I'm sure its not his though. He's an expert on all things silver age and his prices are usually very fair. If that book were his I have no doubt the asking price would be more down to earth.

Good point. My guess is thats probably why Doug agreed to list the book on his site. I'm sure its not his though. He's an expert on all things silver age and his prices are usually very fair. If that book were his I have no doubt the asking price would be more down to earth.
(thumbs u

There are 77 AF 15's graded 7.0 or higher in the CGC census. There are 128 AF 15's graded 6.0 or higher. As you can see getting a 6.0 or a 6.5 is a little easier to come by. Ironically there are more 6.5's and 7.0's in the census than 6.0's though.