• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay related stuff.

Ebay forum?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Ebay forum?

230 posts in this topic

I don't know that he's restoring any comics himself, but his E-Bay auction descriptions are now indistinguishable from comic-keys. Is he being directly tutored, or just ripping off his technique?

Jesus!

Can't do anything right for you can I james .

I had many offers for the "blue background" #3, upon seeing all the slanderous accusations in this forum I conceeded to selling a book privately and at several ebayers request I listed another copy of 3 I had in similar grade. In a public auction, because according to this forum, private auctiosn are "shady" ???

"LAZY" for not submitting to CGC??

What the hell are you talking about?

Do all high grade books have to be CGC graded in your book?

I have lots of positive feedback on many high end books that have ended up graded by the "not so lazy"to the same multiple they were sold for.

Damned if I do and damned if I don't.

This is becoming a tiresome hobby.

I think it would be fairly shady to conduct a private auction. What exactly would be a logical reason for one? "To avoid thrill bidders"? What the hell is that, cancel ppl with 0 or bad feedback. Just thought I'd add my 2 cents on private auctions.

Brian

The main benifit I can see from private auctions for a seller is that it avoids him this kind of BS with his bidders. No lies are spouted to potential customers. Additionally those that might not bid under a seller account that are looking to resell are enabled to do so.

There are as many positives as negatives, just thought I would give it a shot to see if it increased bidding. No other reason.

Yeh those aren't the best of reasons, but they are reasons. Counters for your reasoning would be "why cater to speculators/investors" and "if you have a rep you must've done SOMETHING to cause it". I'm not speaking about you specifically here, just in general. For the most part you seem to be legit, btw it might be helpful if you would register...I could see ppl posting as anonymous as you on here.

Brian

Brian,

I stumbled across this board today and was shocked to see the allegations that are going on in here. Is this what this forum is used for , to determine a sellers legitimacy?

I don't see any of them defending themselves?

It's funny to me that people that have NEVER received a book from me can be so slanderous. I guess this is just the nature of cutthroat high end collecting.

I would love to participate in this forum I am sure my experiences with high grade books and CGC would bring something to it.

Hope to see you all around!

M

I don't really know that a lot of people are being slandarized...other then you and MHC really haven't been overly negatively perceived. I'd say MHC in some way is kinda getting what they deserve. They are seriously over grading there books and on top of that putting pretty high prices on their books not to mention they are fairly hard to get a response from. I've asked for a lot of recommendations for ppl on here and it's for nothing more then "can this person grade or can he not"...the intent of 99 percent of these posts isn't to villify someone. It can turn out that way, but I doubt it's ever the original intent.

Brian

Grading...

Well I can grade.

The majority of my feedback is based on that, when we are talking multiples of guide for unslabbed books don't you think that bidders would be more critical upon receipt. I am the one of the fairest sellers around, I even offer my same return policy for CGC graded books as well.

I have found on Ebay that sometimes you need to take a "risk" to reap the reward. Often that has backfired on me, but for the most part it has been a good experience these last few months resulting in aqcuisition of some really good buys.

Take care,

M

Look at the following definition of the word "slander":

slander (noun) -- the utterance of false charges or misrepresentations which defame and damage another's reputation

Now, consider these questions:

• What has anyone said about you in these forums that is false?
  • What lies are you concerned about E-Bay members sharing with each other?
  • Why didn't you send the two Spidey #3s off with the batch of books you recently sent to CGC? You claimed to be getting some books back from them soon in a recent auction.
  • Which E-Bay member bought the Spidey #3 for the auction you ended yesterday at 4:37 PDT? It looks mighty suspicious for you to end that auction discussed in this forum less than an hour after you post your first "I'm innocent!" message. And why did you use comic-key's scan in the auction?
  • Did you used to have an E-Bay ID named "silverage-fan"?

In response to the many posts.

Slanderous statements made by an incestuous hobby out to get you.

It doesn't seem that much of what has been stated is slanderous.

Your final days as Ebay ID infinitecapacity were interesting since I suddenly got calls from business associates asking if I had a reach number for you. All of this was due to your failure to pay for books that you had won.

The earlier post accurately stated I did not pay for my auction win due to the fact that I heard the books were "stolen" 2 days before the auction officially ended. Your statement was true, A dealer in Canada had some books on approval with you hoping to trade for some Gold or other Silver because everybody was excited about what you might have.

When your first set of auctions ended M### S##R##D#R visited you to find out what you had. On a phone call we had it took all of 5 minutes for me to figure this because only he would have the balls to do such a thing. I never sent him which I stated to you.

A lot of dealers bid on your books but somehow we could never hit your reserves at the time, in fact even Bill Hughes who was paying the highest prices claimed that he couldn't hit the reserve on a few books. This makes you wonder if the books exist.

I traveled to Oregon where myself and Harley Yee were waiting to see those Golden Age books. You never showed up. Every dealer in America wanted to see those books, but none of those "roses" were ever scanned or photographed. When CGC was in NJ you were going to walk the books through. I offered to fly you and your girlfriend in and put you up in a hotel, I wanted to see them just as much as other dealers. Nope, you couldn't do it based on you might be showing me "favoritism". Now that you have a scanner, where exactly are those "Rose" scans?

You've openly admitted only after being "identified" that you've used other names. In fact a friend of mine turned me on to your AS #5 9.0 auction a few months ago. It took all of 5 minutes for me to determine that you were "back", just as I suspected when Silver age fan popped up. Emails were traded and only until he won a couple of spideys did you reveal yourself as Matt Stanley.

I also find the pitch for forgiveness a little hard to take. I spoke to Steve Borock who has no knowledge of your conversation about 100 books. Have the FBI subpoena CGC for the list from the submitter if they are the same books.

As a dealer and ebay bidder I don't see why I need to play detective when purchasing a book. As a seller I would wonder if you would pay, as a buyer I would wonder if the books would disappear again. But with everybody wanting a bargain we all become willing to take risks. As far as us making up stories I think enough of what I said raises some concerns to people who don't know you. As a dealer I have to worry about collectors getting ripped off or worse leaving the hobby because of bad experiences. I'm absolutely positive that the person who sent you $3000 was concerned about getting his money back. And you weren't exactly communicating at that point in time. Oh yeah he got his refund but if he didn't the risk to me is that he leaves the business. That and the 2-3 days I spent answering email from all of the other collectors asking questions. All of this to prevent one more collector leaving due to a short sighted dealer ripping someone off.

Bob

Believe me, if Matt is also "silverage-fan," there's no possible way for him to clear his name.

I forget some of what silverage-fan did, but I know who he ripped off, so I'll post the details once I verify them. If somebody else knows the story with silverage-fan, please post it.