• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay related stuff.

Ebay forum?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Ebay forum?

230 posts in this topic

Darn, and I thought watching and citing my fondness for "Law and Order" would garner me more respect as an authority on psychology. Guess you need those little smiley icons to pick up sarcasm, huh?

"when someone ZOOMS in and presents a different point of view"

You are not "someone", you are no one until you register on this board.

Just for the record, I have thousands of comics and 4 CGC'ed books. I could give a rats about CGC. I come to this board not because it's a "CGC board", but because it's about the best comic book forum on the net. It just happens to be hosted by CGC. So kindly take your vast generalization and put them up your a.s.s. you ignorant cowardly s.h.i.t. head.

"1. It seems to me very unfair to assume something negative about a dealer or a book because it not slabbed. There a several reasons not to get a book slabbed

A. Seller needs the money now and doesn't want to wait 3 months."

Actually, a lot of the high end, high grade comics he sells would not qualify for the economy level. So, under the other tiers, he would wait a month and a half or less. Not a long time to wait for a significant amount of money. Take, for example, the "Unrestored, NM 9.4" Hulk # 181 currently up for auction. If it truly is unrestored and NM 9.4, WHY IN THE WORLD would one not have it CGC'd??? Unslabbed, that book sells for $900-1200; when slabbed it fetches $2300. So what does COMMON SENSE dictate in this situation? To slab or not to slab? Presuming it is unrestored and NM 9.4, only a fool would not have it CGC'd and comic-keys/anonymous comes across as being a bright, articulate, educated person.

"B. Seller doesn't agree with the CGC grading. They have undisclosed

grading standards and perhaps the seller prefers the slightly looser overstreet standards. Remember we now have two separate and distinct grading standards in our hobby, one thoroughly documented, one still mostly unknown."

True indeed, not everyone will agree with CGC grading. However, as a buyer who are you going to trust? An independent third party or someone who has a vested interest in the comic in question? Additionally, most sellers on eBay have "undisclosed grading standards" and most could not accurately grade a comic if their life depended on it. If you're a buyer of high grade Silver Age are you going to purchase unslabbed books and hope that they're not restored or undergraded, or are you going to buy a CGC copy? It's a no-brainer. Like it or not, CGC instills confidence in the vast majority of collectors, and that is a great thing.

"C. Seller doesn't trust the USPS"

Huh? Come again? Package your comics correctly, insure them, and everything will be OK. Or Trust no one--not CGC, not the USPS...etc...it's all a big conspiracy.

point taken, but your going to get raped by USPS for insurance if the books you are sending is valued at $7500-$10,000. anybody out there know anything about this? please advise, i need to know how much the S&H, insurance, and registered mail ball park figure is. much appreciated grin.gif

Your word for the day:

disinformation
, noun -- false information deliberately and often covertly spread (as by the planting of rumors) in order to influence public opinion or obscure the truth.

At least one good thing has come of all this...blessedly, Rudd's posts have lessened in frequencey and most importantly in content.

-Methuselah

"Ignorant, cowardly ". Ouch! Ouch! That hurts! Low blow! Low blow-me! How charmingly trailer-park trashesque! What a man!! I think I've been VERY specific about my "generalizations". You simply didn't finish a formal education and severely lack basic reading/comprehension skills This is what I meant about false bravado, omnipotence (or in your case should I say impotence) by distance, through hiding behind the monitor. I'd be willing to bet dollars to donuts that you couldn't bring yourself to repeat those words with me 6 inches in front of you. Ask Mark Wilson what his take on the odds of your being physically able to pull off that neat trick may be. Posters here talk about "having the grapefruits" to do this and that. I have my own disconcerting beliefs and irrational thoughts just as you all do with the exception of CD4-ever. You feel that anyone who disagrees with you is an "ignorant, cowardly " in your eloquent colloquialisms (and THIS is ironic coming from you as I've read most of your insipid and inane posts. You're a miracle. You don't even make sense by ACCIDENT). This is insane. I used to post here with informative, helpful information and now all I do is defend myself from detractors who have half the real story and the other half filled in by those who have an axe to grind and arms too small to weild it by themselves. And all because I chose to take up in behalf of Matt Stanley. Someone you were all willing to "throw the first stone at". There are specific reasons why things went down the way they did with Matt's auctions at THAT time. He was NOT motivated by greed or wanting to rip off those that sent him money. He was interested in possibly recovering his STOLEN books and THAT'S why there were lags in communication, but hey, you all had the "dipping chair" rigged up and ready to go with that "he's guilty if he survives and innocent if he drowns" mentality and there's nothing you wanted to hear so Matt gave up trying. That is what you love...when someone just gives up, right?? "Cowardly "? Haw Haw! Now yer' talkin MY lingo!! The language of the STREET. Have you personally tested this cowardly theorey face to face. Come to me and test your theorey Stank Old Guy.

-Feeble, helpless, Methuselah

When I mentioned CD4-ever I also meant to include Bachelor of Comix as someone in this thread who has a brain as well. They're indicative of what type of people a successful message board should be populated with. Members as willing to listen and analyze as they are to speak.

-"Feeble" Methuselah

Look at that! Ringleader Rudd or/and Supapimp have suddenly forgotten how to log on and gone the dreaded, increasingly traveled road to anonimity.

-"Feeble" Methuselah

Wow, could this thread have become anymore useless? Between these anonymous people, who are probably the same person seeing as how they all seemed to show up on this post, and some of the info on here..it's gotten quite ridiculous. I'm deleting my post upon completion of reading 44 posts in this topic all of which are just back and forth shots at each other.

Brian

WOW! an anonymous poster talking , why don't you register and let everybody see who you are, why hide behind your unregistered sheild. check my feedback on eBay, user ID supapimp, i have nothing to hide, like i mentioned before, im on DSL so im always logged on, just check who's online, i will not show up as anonymous. not to mention, im the only one online, willing to buy a book from comic-keys, and send it into CGC for grading...do you have other fabricated you like to make up now? step up!

Nobody be barkin' (ya' know wha I'm say-ing?) no dat can't be backed up (ya' feel me, dog?) Yo feedback, my peeps..Rrrrrrrrrrraaas! Kiki-dum now (ya' know wha I'm say-ing?) Where be the bloodclot cer-ti-fi-ca-shun (ya' know wha I'm say-ing?) on all yo book de book, P-man?

Anyway, "Black-hearted snake", "ignorant cowardly [!@#%^&^]-head", "decades of fraudulent criminal activity", "sociopath"..these AREN'T slanderous words whatsoever, right Supapimp? But to suggest that you may have forgotten to log IN to the Board, and may be traveling anonymously IS slander?

Your picture may be on the site but I did happen to notice that your name, curiously, is missing from your message Board profile. Will that change now that I've called your attention to it?

-"Feeble" SupaPumped Methuselah