• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happy halloween!

36 posts in this topic

True story....I was lying in bed the other night and this ghostly, skeletal form with scraggly hair hovered up near my window...I screetched and jumped out of bed like firecracker had been lit under my ...

Then I realized it was just Chuck and he wanted my X-Factors...

Sort of like Halloween 3: Season of the Witch?

Two more days to Halloween, Halloween, Halloween

One more day to Halloween,

Silver Shamrock!

Why did they even let that movie become part of the franchise? And where the heck was Michael Myers?

Ugh! That was one of the worst films ever! I saw it once (over 10 yrs. ago) and that frikkin' song still haunts me! I can hear the little tune in the background (a speeded up version of "London Bridge"). That movie was just 2 (of thousands) hours of my life wasted. tonofbricks.gif

Chris

Hate to be contrary, but it's a damn fine little Halloween movie with one of the best melodramatic villains ever in Conal Cochran (Dan O'Herlihy). For fans of Carpenter's early '80s run, this was another cheesy cult gem.

"Why did they even let that movie become part of the franchise? And where the heck was Michael Myers?"

For the first part, since "they" were the same producers and director (Carpenter, Debra Hill, etc.) who had worked on the first Halloween, sort of worked on II and been contracted to make a III, there wasn't a question of "letting" anything - they just decided they didn't want to do another Michael Myers story. Their hope was that the HALLOWEEN brand would become an anthology franchise with the opportunity to tell lots of Halloween-themed stories. But III's poor reception soured that idea and eventually Myers came back...which fans like me did indeed appreciate.

OK, enough of my HALLOWEEN diatribe smile.gif.

Arnold

Their hope was that the HALLOWEEN brand would become an anthology franchise with the opportunity to tell lots of Halloween-themed stories.

That's a cool idea. But, Myers was the reason people went and saw the movie in the first place. I dunno, III was a horrible movie. No suspense, no terror, no nothing. Not even some 3rd rate slasher to make it a "scary" movie.

Chris

Their hope was that the HALLOWEEN brand would become an anthology franchise with the opportunity to tell lots of Halloween-themed stories.

No suspense, no terror, no nothing.

Chris

No Jamie Lee Curtis' ti**ies either!!

J.D.