• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

!AUCTION Action Comics #500 AUCTION!

87 posts in this topic

Hey, nobody's lost an eye, yet, so what's the harm.
A piece of sawdust flew in my eye when I clicked on this thread.

But it's still there, no loss yet... :wishluck:

A piece flew in the other eye when a guy on probation bid $20 (worship)

A piece of what?

Hey, nobody's lost an eye, yet, so what's the harm.
A piece of sawdust flew in my eye when I clicked on this thread.

But it's still there, no loss yet... :wishluck:

A piece flew in the other eye when a guy on probation bid $20 (worship)

A piece of what?

Sawdust! It's everywhere.

This is rich. The goaltender of the probation thread getting ready to sell sold a book to someone who is on the probation thread for stiffing other members of the board.

Maybe I need to apologize to JC as this whole place has gone to hell.

This is rich. The goaltender of the probation thread getting ready to sell sold a book to someone who is on the probation thread for stiffing other members of the board.

I sensed from the discussion thread that the whole board was crying out for new controversies . . . :grin:

where i used to agree with divad all the time, i'm sensing my views are changing towards the watsonism way of thinking.

where i used to agree with divad all the time, i'm sensing my views are changing towards the watsonism way of thinking.

I'm actually speechless. This was a pretty dumb thing to pull off as no point was proven and no progress was made.

R.

I'm actually speechless. This was a pretty dumb thing to pull off as no point was proven and no progress was made.

R.

What does that mean in English? hm

R.

Sorry i'll read the discussion thread before I quote the rules anymore.

No time limit - auction ends when seller and buyer reach agreement.
What does that mean? (shrug)

I was wondering the same.

It means that you bid an amouunt that you are willing to pay. When I see a bid that I am willing to accept, then I close the auction and confirm the sale.

Pure market dynamics. Adam Smith and all that . . . :)

I'm not a fan of this setup at all. I would ask for all future auctions to have a time limit. Also, it was pretty well agreed upon to "test" these auctions in the VCC area. Now I see one auction just finished and another one in the works. doh!

The sky is falling! :o The sky is falling!

I don't mind the auction style myself, but have to agree that the father of the Probation thread selling to someone on the probation list is bad news. And this coming from the red headed stepchild / Black Sheep of the Family of the Probation list.

This is partially true. If the probation list had any real clout - you would have been banned from this forum for your indiscretions :grin:

No kidding....and for what? A few lousy bucks. Pretty sad.

Oldman owed me close to a grand when he skipped on the books he said he wanted.

I don't mind the auction style myself, but have to agree that the father of the Probation thread selling to someone on the probation list is bad news. And this coming from the red headed stepchild / Black Sheep of the Family of the Probation list.

This is partially true. If the probation list had any real clout - you would have been banned from this forum for your indiscretions :grin:

Thought you got over your bitterness with that apology post? (shrug)

Thought you got over your bitterness with that apology post? (shrug)

:grin: Bitter? I'm not bitter. If I post the :takeit: I pay the bill. Statement of fact. Period :grin: