• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stars & Stripes Forever!! GA Flag Covers on Parade....

90 posts in this topic

#25: Looney Tunes #10 presents Porky Pig, Bugs Bunny, and Elmer Fudd in a flag-toting parade of their own:

1011301888_67a09e6fd2_b.jpg

Halfway through the Top 50. For tonight at least, "TH... THA.. THAT'S ALL FOLKS!" So, until tomorrow.... :hi:

GE

Can I play?

americasbest6.jpg

:o(worship)

Wanna trade? :baiting:

RADB9C412008423_124014.jpg

What are you doing with a Nedor? (tsk)

I had a weak moment :sorry:

And got a strong book (thumbs u

America's Best 6 reminds me of one of the first times, as a kid, that I was able to buy golden age. There used to be a comic shop in Houston called Roy's Memory Shop. It opened in 1970 but Roy had been selling comics through a record store since 1967. In the spring of 1975 Roy's manager Willie Patterson set up at a sidewalk sale at one of the local malls. I was twelve. My family just happened to go shopping that day. Yahoo, what a surprise...Comics!

Anyway, I hung around for an hour or so at Roy's tables while the folks did their shopping. Three books held my attention. It was a long wait until the parents were done and thankfully the three books had not sold. Next came the pleading for money to buy them. I was lucky in that my dad thought comics were very cool so I got a loan of $100 against a few months of yard mowing, birthday loot and whatnot.

The three books? America's Best 6, Captain America 37 and Marvel Mystery 51!

That day didn't suck!

America's Best 6 reminds me of one of the first times, as a kid, that I was able to buy golden age. There used to be a comic shop in Houston called Roy's Memory Shop. It opened in 1970 but Roy had been selling comics through a record store since 1967. In the spring of 1975 Roy's manager Willie Patterson set up at a sidewalk sale at one of the local malls. I was twelve. My family just happened to go shopping that day. Yahoo, what a surprise...Comics!

Anyway, I hung around for an hour or so at Roy's tables while the folks did their shopping. Three books held my attention. It was a long wait until the parents were done and thankfully the three books had not sold. Next came the pleading for money to buy them. I was lucky in that my dad thought comics were very cool so I got a loan of $100 against a few months of yard mowing, birthday loot and whatnot.

That day didn't suck!

that day sure didn't, but the fact that you were born in 1963...that must suck :baiting:

That day didn't suck!

that day sure didn't, but the fact that you were born in 1963...that must suck :baiting:

January of 1963...a very good month!

That day didn't suck!

The second best month of an unbelievably good year.

I didn't buy one in 1975 but did manage to pick up a copy.

AmericaBest7.jpg

That day didn't suck!

AmericaBest7.jpg

I never thought this issue was that common but I'll join the parade - Here's mine:

2033459900102488065S600x600Q85.jpg

That day didn't suck!

AmericaBest7.jpg

I never thought this issue was that common but I'll join the parade - Here's mine:

it might be common, but they sure are pretty

That day didn't suck!

AmericaBest7.jpg

it might be common, but they sure are pretty

True 'dat!

That day didn't suck!

AmericaBest7.jpg

Talk about a book that looks like it was printed yesterday. Wow that's bright.

Ken

Another reason to thank Edgar Church.