• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vegas report Day 1...yawn

45 posts in this topic

how do you lose stars????

What are you implying, huh? You mean me, specifically? Probably by being an "open DC collector." Around here that's a stigma almost as bad as being a JC supporter !

tongue.gif

Seriously, there are only two sure ways to lose stars:

1) [!@#%^&^] off one or more forum lifers here on the boards. Dead Meat. Might as well start fresh with a new ID...and hope they don't catch on.

2) Be fun-loving, humorous, and over-all likeable. That's sure to tick someone off. And if that "someone" has friends (or multiple IDs), then ZING---down you go.

So be like me and upset members with cute sarcasm or jovial back-handed compliments. Ride that fence of neutrality!! That's how I'm able to retain three stars for so long...

Hey!!!!

Rick

PS: Don't worry about the stars; they're meaningless (except to greggy). devil.gif

Just be yourself without being offensive or crude. hi.gif

**Now there's a tightrope I don't enjoy walking on** confused-smiley-013.gif

Just realized I'd never rated you. You're back up to 3, for however long that'll last with all the DC haters.

Joanna sweetie,

No one's shocked more than me (except maybe greggy). Thanx for the lift. I checked your profile, and it said I never rated you, which is Bullsheet since I know I "fived" ya soon after your Crisis thread. Normally I'd say "Arch, get on this malfunct chop chop." But it let me "five" you again. How many women can I say that about! blush.gifblush.gifblush.gif

So everything worked out for the best.

Oh, and I hope my tongue-in-cheek response to the newbie didn't scare him away. It's all in good fun!

...until the return of the BUG...

Rick

Just realized I'd never rated you. You're back up to 3, for however long that'll last with all the DC haters.

Token! What happened to the Wonder Girl avatar?? Not that this one isn't lovely too... flowerred.gif

It disappeared in the night. Suddenly, I had no avatar, and nothing would load. I did some experiments and finally got this one to load. I'll try again for Wonder Girl today.

-- Joanna

Joanna sweetie,

No one's shocked more than me (except maybe greggy). Thanx for the lift. I checked your profile, and it said I never rated you, which is Bullsheet since I know I "fived" ya soon after your Crisis thread. Normally I'd say "Arch, get on this malfunct chop chop." But it let me "five" you again. How many women can I say that about!

Thanks, Rick! You're only alive when you've been fived.

-- Joanna

Joanna sweetie,

No one's shocked more than me (except maybe greggy). Thanx for the lift. I checked your profile, and it said I never rated you, which is Bullsheet since I know I "fived" ya soon after your Crisis thread. Normally I'd say "Arch, get on this malfunct chop chop." But it let me "five" you again. How many women can I say that about!

Thanks, Rick! You're only alive when you've been fived.

-- Joanna

Mmm. I love Five Alive. Makes me think of "The juice is loose" which makes me think of Juicy Fruit which makes me think of bubblegum which makes me think of how much I hate bubble gum. Unless it's Big League Chew.

So what about Day 2 and/or Day 3?

Kev

Well,

I planned on returning Sat, if only to drop off some Mod submissions, but came down with some horrible intestinal problem (email me for details).

Felt well enough- barely- to shoot down there today as the show wound down. Saw Paul Litch and asked about the past two days. His response was that Sat was s-l-o-w, and Sun was better (due to Dealers submitting books they couldn't sell raw...d'oh). I thought for sure that Sat would be their busiest day. confused-smiley-013.gif

Also talked with comicdave. Not good. But I'll let him elaborate on that if he wishes.

To back-peddle a little here, I'm sure this show was fine for the young 'uns and casual fans: there was plenty of bargain boxes, anime/manga, interactive games on display, artists/guests.

But I went there for CGC and raw books, expecting to see plenty since it was sponsored by CGC. I was disappointed at the low amount, not to mention the dis-proportionate amount of tables that were not comic-related.

But hopefully next year's show will be pleasantly surprising. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Rick

PS: As I left the show this afternoon, the busiest people were the "massage vendors." There was a line to get rubbed by a stranger. Go figure. tongue.gif

Let the lewed comments begin!!!