• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the eBay Mystic #4 worth?

89 posts in this topic

mystic4.jpg

Richard that is some funny book you have there. :luhv: Hard to believe its almost been 70 years. Killer gloss, inks and all. Besides your Marvel #1 this is perhaps my 2nd favorite book in your collection.

-----------------------------------------------------

Truly a GREAT copy Mr. B :o

I don't have this one yet, so I'm using Rick's scan...but it kind of matches your's Jon...they can stay together at the same table;)

mystic4-1-1.jpg

This copy sure gets around.... :applause:

Someone reading these boards, likely.

But if they were reading these boards they would know that the highest interest was in the $1500 range. They overpaid that by 66%!

But if they were reading these boards they would know that the highest interest was in the $1500 range. They overpaid that by 66%!

I think just talk of it being the rarest issue would persuade someone to buy it. I mean it's a cool cover, Timely books are on fire, and this is a truly rare book...fear of loss? Possible. Sometimes price is not an issue. I'll do the same thing. Pay insane $$ to have something before anyone else can get it. I know you've heard this story before but I had Brian Ketterer bid $1500 in NY for a JIM #89 8.5 Syd's Luncheonette copy over 2 years ago when GPA was $500 or so.

:screwy:

R.

I think just talk of it being the rarest issue would persuade someone to buy it. I mean it's a cool cover, Timely books are on fire, and this is a truly rare book...fear of loss? Possible. Sometimes price is not an issue.

R.

(thumbs u

Jerry Weist has a fair/good copy on eBay.

$2450?

I think a better question than who bought it is "does Jeff feel bad that he lost this one?" Would you have bought it for $2500 knowing that someone else will?

Jerry Weist has a fair/good copy on eBay.

$2450?

I think a better question than who bought it is "does Jeff feel bad that he lost this one?" Would you have bought it for $2500 knowing that someone else will?

No, I wouldn't have wanted to spend more than $1500 on that copy. I'd really like to find an attractive 6.0.

Anyone know who eBayer "bodhee" is? They seem to win alot of bigger ticket GA books on ebay...

yep, a few of us know bodhee.... good guy!

This book has been on my wantlist for quite some time now. I'd probably pay crazy money for a VF or better with good PQ.

But for a 4.0, $2500 seems a bit much. I can think of so many more Timelys I would rather have for $2500 in a 4.0 or even better quality.

Yes, this is a tough book. But so are a lot of other Timelys.

Anyone know who eBayer "bodhee" is? They seem to win alot of bigger ticket GA books on ebay...

yep, a few of us know bodhee.... good guy!

Hope so. Interesting enough, last week 'bodhee' BIN'd my Suspense Comics #4 which has a scarcity aspect similar to Mystic #4. hm He certainly appreciates hard-to-find books!

GE