• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the eBay Mystic #4 worth?

89 posts in this topic

Anyone know who eBayer "bodhee" is? They seem to win alot of bigger ticket GA books on ebay...

yep, a few of us know bodhee.... good guy!

Hope so. Interesting enough, last week 'bodhee' BIN'd my Suspense Comics #4 which has a scarcity aspect similar to Mystic #4. hm He certainly appreciates hard-to-find books!

GE

yep, he likes gerber 8,9 and 10's.... rarity is his specialty...unrestored or restored, makes no difference...I have sold him a couple of books... finally met him in NY this past few months, good guy, loves comics!

Anyone know who eBayer "bodhee" is? They seem to win alot of bigger ticket GA books on ebay...

Hope so. Interesting enough, last week 'bodhee' BIN'd my Suspense Comics #4 which has a scarcity aspect similar to Mystic #4. hm He certainly appreciates hard-to-find books!

GE

yep, he likes gerber 8,9 and 10's.... rarity is his specialty...unrestored or restored, makes no difference...I have sold him a couple of books... finally met him in NY this past few months, good guy, loves comics!

when i upgraded my mm 92 a few years ago, bodhee bought my old one. he's also outbid me on more than a few books i've wanted over the last couple years. he has a good eye.

GE

when i upgraded my mm 92 a few years ago, bodhee bought my old one. he's also outbid me on more than a few books i've wanted over the last couple years. he has a good eye.

he just popped the BIN on my old batman 1 at $37K :o

wish I still owned it!

Sounds like he can afford to overpay.

agreed...I would have contacted a seller and tried to buy "off" (I know, ebay rules, but they way they are doing business these days, I have lost a lot of respect for their methods)...and have the seller pass on those savings to me....but, if you got it, spend it, you can't take it with you!

agreed...I would have contacted a seller and tried to buy "off" (I know, ebay rules, but they way they are doing business these days, I have lost a lot of respect for their methods)...and have the seller pass on those savings to me....but, if you got it, spend it, you can't take it with you!

Filter must be happy this morning. That's a great sale.

Filter must be happy this morning. That's a great sale.

I already emailed him on it....I was bidding on that book too, but no way I could buy back my old copy at $10K more than I sold it last year for lol

That's what it comes down to - if your looking for a book and and can afford the premium, then overpaying a bit isn't as bad as missing out. I think everybody here would have no problem paying $25 for a book they felt was only really "worth" $15 if they thought it might be a while before another copy came along. This would probably still hold true for many of us if it came to paying $250 for a $150 book, so it's really just a matter of scale, and if your spending well into 5 figures a year, and perhaps six figures annually on comics, then paying an "extra" grand for a book you want isn't going to be too big an issue, especially if by the time another copy surfaces the market may have caught up with the price you paid.

That's what it comes down to

That, and you don't mind dealing with nutjobs. There are plenty of threads on popscomics but people just keep on coming.

I had talked to Bodhee before over the phone. Seems like a nice guy over the phone and definitely a true comic collector. More power to him for buying books at higher prices. I'm sure it will eventually pay off.

That, and you don't mind dealing with nutjobs. There are plenty of threads on popscomics but people just keep on coming.

The Mystic #4 wasn't being sold by popscomics - unless they have another ebay handle.

The Mystic #4 wasn't being sold by popscomics - unless they have another ebay handle.

This was meant for the More Fun thread. doh!

you never know..maybe I did.. If you'd like to contribute towards my payoff of this book, then please make a donation to the comicconnect no reserve auction..some nice books that I'm selling can probably be had at well below guide.. and will also help me from being evicted!

you never know..maybe I did.. If you'd like to contribute towards my payoff of this book, then please make a donation to the comicconnect no reserve auction..some nice books that I'm selling can probably be had at well below guide.. and will also help me from being evicted!

actually, I know you did (thumbs u you and filter are too smart not too lol ...I was just making a "general" comment pretending not to have "inside" info :baiting: ...

now, which books are yours on CC, we don't want you being evicted!

Well, congrats on the Mystic 4. Putting whatever you paid aside, that is one tough book.

I've had this book on my radar for about 5 years now. And clean, unrestored copies just do not come up for sale. Nicely done.

actually, I know you did (thumbs u you and filter are too smart not too lol ...I was just making a "general" comment pretending not to have "inside" info :baiting: ...

All the no reserves are mine..

ones ending tomorrow ?... will have to check them out (thumbs u

Hey Bodhee,

How's the back cover on the Action #32 CGC 1.5? Are there large chunks missing?

GE

I sold him my Tec 29l! Nice guy and a good customer (thumbs u