• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink?

52 posts in this topic

I just recently found out about this site.

I was wondering if you win one of the auction how do you go about paying for it. Are you able to use Paypal or are you just supposed to use a credit card.

I am also wondering has anyone from this forum bought through them? Anyone ever been ripped off buying through them?

I would absolutely appreciate it if someone could just fill me in about that site. They have some books listed that have caught my interest but I just want to know the details before I purchase anything. Unfortunately their help and faq section didn't answer all my questions.

I've used them many, many times. You can pay with a credit card but will pay a 3% surcharge. I think they take checks without the surcharge. I don't think they take paypal. As with most anything, some people don't like them for whatever odd-ball reasons, but I've never had any problems and can't imagine building a decent collection without them. Way better than eBay.

Their shipping costs are a bit high (1-3 books, $14), but I've been satisfied with the few orders I've placed with them. I just recently paid by check and got my book pretty quick.

I've used them many, many times. You can pay with a credit card but will pay a 3% surcharge.

You got the wording wrong. You pay a 3% buyer's fee unless you pay via check/mo...in which case you receive a 3% discount on the levied fee. :whistle:

So do they list and sell the books for people and then ship the books themselves or is it like ebay and the individual sellers get their payment and ship the books to you?

...it can be either way,...seller's choice,...

So do they list and sell the books for people and then ship the books themselves or is it like ebay and the individual sellers get their payment and ship the books to you?

They own the responsibility of getting you the books...DEFINITELY not like ebay. That's the advantage of it. One throat to choke.

News to me. I thought that 100% of the time you have to send the books to ComicLink.

There is a paypal option. It has to be from an account balance, it can be no more than $500 per day, and you have to select service and not goods when sending the money. But, I would call to be sure this is still an option for anyone that wants to do it.

They own the responsibility of getting you the books...DEFINITELY not like ebay. That's the advantage of it. One throat to choke.

And one guy who picks up the phone when you call.

I've purchased through Comiclink twice and have been happy with both transactions. But shipping is a bit steep.

And one guy who picks up the phone when you call.

I've purchased through Comiclink twice and have been happy with both transactions. But shipping is a bit steep.

I don't understand why you guys think shipping is steep. $14 for 1-3 books? That sounds more than reasonable to me considering it takes time to package and ship. It costs me $10 to ship 1 CGC book within Canada and almost $20 to the US.

R.

News to me. I thought that 100% of the time you have to send the books to ComicLink.

you are correct sterling, 100% of the time you send the book to clink and they ship...

rick

you are correct sterling, 100% of the time you send the book to clink and they ship...

rick

You always send the books to comiclink. If the book is in an auction it needs to be there before the auction. If it is in a regular listing you ship the book after it sells.

(thumbs u

I don't mind paying fourteen bucks for ComicLink shipping because they pack their boxes so damned well.

I've always paid via check because I am a cheapskate, and I've never had any issues with them

Yup I'd rather pay $20 extra to ship a book and not have it damaged than save $5 and have a chance at breaking a slab.

As an aside:

Personally for slabs I think the best way to ship is using packaging peanuts as opposed to bubblewrap and boxes alone. Ever since I brought this up a few years ago CGC has changed back to packaging peanuts in their boxes. Not sure if it's co-incidence or not. The "spongy" styrophoam peanuts absorb shock and impact better and transfer less of it to the book in the case of a box getting dropped (which is pretty much a guarantee). In any case it's been a long time since I've heard of any SCS and have never heard of it if a book was shipped in styrophoam nuts.

2c

R.

rick

...I could be wrong,...I kind of remember holding some books once that had a big reserve and sending in scans,...