• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Subby 32

30 posts in this topic

and I am still burned that I placed a $4500 bid via ebay, was accepted by ebay and when I checked the bidder history it showed me high proxy (hidden id's, but I could see me at the top of the list)...

and, ebay said I won!!!!

and when I called them that monday to pay for it (spoke to a lady), I was told that the winner was there live on Sat and paid for it and already had possession of it, and when I forwarded them my ebay email of my bid, and that if the winner won it at $3600 + juice, why didn't my $4500 + juice bid win it (shrug)

they chalked it up to an error :frustrated:

Sounds like deja vu all over again, sorry, Rick...but I'm GLAD that Ebay is no longer going to be doing live auctions, it's too frustrating;) :tonofbricks:

and I am still burned that I placed a $4500 bid via ebay, was accepted by ebay and when I checked the bidder history it showed me high proxy (hidden id's, but I could see me at the top of the list)...

and, ebay said I won!!!!

and when I called them that monday to pay for it (spoke to a lady), I was told that the winner was there live on Sat and paid for it and already had possession of it, and when I forwarded them my ebay email of my bid, and that if the winner won it at $3600 + juice, why didn't my $4500 + juice bid win it (shrug)

they chalked it up to an error :frustrated:

Sounds like deja vu all over again, sorry, Rick...but I'm GLAD that Ebay is no longer going to be doing live auctions, it's too frustrating;) :tonofbricks:

yep, in fact you came immediately to mind....however, thanks to SS, I recognized this book purely as a "flip" candidate...and, seeing what it just sold for on clink... ugh, that is a lot of happy meals I could have bought my kids (ok, and me TOO!)

I have held in my grubby little hands a MINT copy of this book. I mean an unimprovable copy. A friend of mine owns it.

Seriously? Can we get more details? Whomever sold this on C-Link just doubled their money. Wish Weiss didn't put those codes before the name of the titles in his EBay auctions because it never even showed up when I did my normal "Sub-Mariner" searches. :mad: Vern what do you think the Oakjima copy could fetch on C-Link today? :popcorn:

Yes seriously. It may have been the Edgar Church copy, he has quite a few Church books. I stared at it for about 10 minutes and couldn't find a defect. He's the guy who used to own the Rockford 'Tec 27.

lol Billy that was so lame it actually made me laugh. I heard the Sprucejima was a fake. :gossip:

lame? i have to ash why you would be so mean? i can't figure it out fir the life of me. i maple you to the side if you go chicago and have a word with you. if you weren't planning to go, be aware it starts Juniper 26th.

You are the biggest tree-hugging dork ever! lol

I find this funny cause last week he called me up about 9pm and accused me of being a tree hugging blank blank...then realized he hadn't ment to call me...appearantly Parker has other interests here in Oregon...

lol Billy that was so lame it actually made me laugh. I heard the Sprucejima was a fake. :gossip:

lame? i have to ash why you would be so mean? i can't figure it out fir the life of me. i maple you to the side if you go chicago and have a word with you. if you weren't planning to go, be aware it starts Juniper 26th.

You are the biggest tree-hugging dork ever! lol

I find this funny cause last week he called me up about 9pm and accused me of being a tree hugging blank blank...then realized he hadn't ment to call me...appearantly Parker has other interests here in Oregon...

you find it funny because everything is funny to you, you big simple-minded geek.

I have held in my grubby little hands a MINT copy of this book. I mean an unimprovable copy. A friend of mine owns it.

Seriously? Can we get more details? Whomever sold this on C-Link just doubled their money. Wish Weiss didn't put those codes before the name of the titles in his EBay auctions because it never even showed up when I did my normal "Sub-Mariner" searches. :mad: Vern what do you think the Oakjima copy could fetch on C-Link today? :popcorn:

Yes seriously. It may have been the Edgar Church copy, he has quite a few Church books. I stared at it for about 10 minutes and couldn't find a defect. He's the guy who used to own the Rockford 'Tec 27.

Church copy was slabbed at either an 8.0 or 8.5.

It was raw and had to be a 9.6+ so I guess it wasn't the Church.....

I also heard that it was stolen and is currently missing? A 9.6 copy would be crazy.

I also heard that it was stolen and is currently missing? A 9.6 copy would be crazy.

Story on the thief?