• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stan Lee sketch on a 9.2 ASM 129....WHY???

36 posts in this topic

Lucky Guy, Steranko is #1 on my List of MUST HAVES for Fallen Son sketches

I wish you nothing bu the best in your endeavour, and should it ever come to pass, let me know how you pulled it off!

Thanks it a wish list...and now its offically in my signature.

Fallen Son "Wish List"

#1 Steranko

#2 Mike Zeck

#3 Stan Lee

#4 John Byrne

#5 John Romita

#2 and #4 are the only ones in the area of liklihood. Mike Zeck said he would consider doing one for me in the future but hes too busy right now. John Byrne does take commissions BUT he is not doing anything that is not on his own boards according to his rep, one day I hope he may change his mind

Not only is it like wheres waldo aka where did Steranko sign and sketch but its done in BLACK ink on a BLACK BACKGROUND doh!

lol

I had a look at that Fury book when it was posted and couldn't for the life of me figure out what the hell Steranko was sketching! I thought he was adding a crater to the moon until I noticed that it was Fury's eyepatch.

It's a cross between Where's Waldo and those Magic Eye illusion books that came out in the 90's.

Ay caramba!

This seller also has the following book for sale which I had to do a quadruple take on..

http://cgi.ebay.com/NICK-FURY-SHIELD-CGC-9-4-SS-Signed-Sketch-Jim-Steranko_W0QQitemZ300229293583QQihZ020QQcategoryZ972QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

Not only is it like wheres waldo aka where did Steranko sign and sketch but its done in BLACK ink on a BLACK BACKGROUND doh!

Steranko I have heard NEVER sketches at cons and ALWAYS personalizes his signature. Does anyone know the seller Eric Zinkann? and how did he get this done and why wouldnt he have a silver sharpe on hand? . I assume hes a SS witness cause he also has a Frazetta CGC SS signed book up for sale. Inquiring minds want to know

Personally, I think the Steranko sketch is sweet. It looks like it is part of the art of the moon.

I also thought Steranko ALWAYS personalizes. Not true. Steranko will agree to not personalize his sigs if you give him more $.

This seller also has the following book for sale which I had to do a quadruple take on..

http://cgi.ebay.com/NICK-FURY-SHIELD-CGC-9-4-SS-Signed-Sketch-Jim-Steranko_W0QQitemZ300229293583QQihZ020QQcategoryZ972QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

Steranko I have heard NEVER sketches at cons and ALWAYS personalizes his signature. Does anyone know the seller Eric Zinkann? and how did he get this done and why wouldnt he have a silver sharpe on hand? . I assume hes a SS witness cause he also has a Frazetta CGC SS signed book up for sale. Inquiring minds want to know

Personally, I think the Steranko sketch is sweet. It looks like it is part of the art of the moon.

I also thought Steranko ALWAYS personalizes. Not true. Steranko will agree to not personalize his sigs if you give him more $.

Capitalism at work. :cloud9:

Tempting...... hm

I have seen Steranko not personalize a signature for about $5-10 a book. Not sure if that is his "friendly" rate or not. That rate goes down if it's more signatures, I believe, but this is his way of "sharing in the eBay wealth" he feels.

Joel

The best issue to get signed by him would be something that he a comic that he actually wrote the story for.

I love the all the Stan Lee autographed Wolverine 1's. A comic and character he had nothing to do with. It just says presented to you by Stan Lee like every other Marvel Comic book.

1. Don't show TRMoore (Tom) this thread. I'm sure he'll use it against me for why not to have high grade books signed (you're still (thumbs u though Tom!).

2. Holy ... I'm ALL for getting books signed on the cover, but this is just awful to see. doh!

3. Someone asked about good books to get signed by Stan. Any title he is directly responsible for creating I think is fair game, but there are some better than others to choose. I'd suggest ASM 1, 39, or 50; FF 1 or 48, and X-Men 1. ASM 39 & 50 would probably be the cheapest options there. Otherwise, you might aim for getting some of the Milestones as previously suggested. But considering his signings will run around $25-$50 for a raw book, you might as well spring for a higher value book (just my 2c ).

I have seen Steranko not personalize a signature for about $5-10 a book. Not sure if that is his "friendly" rate or not. That rate goes down if it's more signatures, I believe, but this is his way of "sharing in the eBay wealth" he feels.

Joel

Dude, I'd say $5-$10 for a Steranko signature is a steal! Getting his signature is right up there with Neal Adams, and some more McFarlanes.

It is sad that that 129 9.2 got trashed. I think it is a waste.

I got Steranko to sign some old Captain America covers for me without having to pay anything....and they are absolutely not personalized.

How? You gotta be a smooth talker baby and that's all I will say.

Personally some books that I would reccomend for Stan to sign as far as Moderns go-

Spiderman Reign 1

ASM 539

Spiderman Mythos

Stan Lee meets series

ASM 529

Marvel Zombies ASM cover swipes.

Of course there are tons of old books, I just dont know if I can afford all that many of em being that they are history!

http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/showimage.aspx?gid=151818ℑ=138976815&images=138976815,138978326,138978336,138978347,138978359,138978383,138978401,138978429,138978526,138978545,138978560,138978577,138978614&formats=0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0&format=0&lgdin=1

This link is some of the NYCC books I got done :)